• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar Jackson Rumors: Ravens Could Consider Trading QB for 'Windfall' of Draft Picks

GOAT

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

My man Lamar won MVP.

Im sorry but im ending this conversation you clearly just don't like Lamar the player. I can't take you serious when you are questioning a QB who has a MVP and is in the MVP conversation every year.

Have a nice day sir!

That you think that ends the conversation tells me a lot about the limits of your football knowledge.

Try taking a look back at how many guys who won the MVP also won the Super Bowl that year.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, The Lobo said:

Are we in a spot to trade up in the draft, which would probably be similar to what it would take for Lamar? I’m not saying we get him (I’d love it though) but I’ve seen lots of ppl have no issues trading up for an unknown rather than what’s known. Both aren’t ideal, but getting an mvp at qb would be much better than trading assets for a rookie. 

Of all the options I think trading up for a rookie is the most reasonable. I still would rather not do it but you can’t fault them if they think that’s the way forward. 

Trading draft picks for a current QB making tens of millions that might not even work out is a bad bad bad idea. No guarantee Rogers or Jackson would be good here. 

• Pie 1

Seeing teams with good to great QBs opening up to the idea of trading them for a bunch of picks honestly makes me feel better about us using a bunch of picks to trade up and get our guy in this draft. These teams trying to trade away their QBs for picks obviously feel there are some upgrades available in this draft, so we should go get one of them ourselves. 

14 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

My man Lamar won MVP.

Im sorry but im ending this conversation you clearly just don't like Lamar the player. I can't take you serious when you are questioning a QB who has a MVP and is in the MVP conversation every year.

Have a nice day sir!

Its not that we dont like him but we will be cap strapped. Not only that, lose picks. Just we rather have 3 good draft picks then one great player. Strength in numbers. We dont need a amazing QB. We need someone competent. Trading up for Stroud would be better for our cap than Jackson in the long run. We would set ourselves back years with Lamar. 

6 hours ago, ncsfinest21 said:

Its not that we dont like him but we will be cap strapped. Not only that, lose picks. Just we rather have 3 good draft picks then one great player. Strength in numbers. We dont need a amazing QB. We need someone competent. Trading up for Stroud would be better for our cap than Jackson in the long run. We would set ourselves back years with Lamar. 

Trading up for Stroud woud be just as irresponsible and foolish.if you want a qb,  pick where we are at or trade down and use an extra pick on best available.

21 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

My man Lamar won MVP.

Have a nice day sir!

Its only money holding us back.Its not injury or scheme.We would take him if we could no doubt.He wants to get paid we cant pay him what he wants.He would be a great player for us no doubt.Reich would love to have him.

9 hours ago, ncsfinest21 said:

Franchise QB's are worth a lot in trade. It's why they rarely become available via trade.

If Lamar becomes available watch how many teams go after him. 

1 hour ago, heel31ok said:

Its only money holding us back.Its not injury or scheme.We would take him if we could no doubt.He wants to get paid we cant pay him what he wants.He would be a great player for us no doubt.Reich would love to have him.

We can pay him. He's using the Watson contract as leverage. He just wants more guaranteed money than what Baltimore offered him.

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Just like Stafford right?

Just like Aaron Rodgers right?

Stafford wanted out. The Lions obliged him, but even then there were questions about his injury history (which have proven to be valid).

And yes, there will be plenty of questions about Aaron Rodgers 😄