• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade 9 for Fields - straight up?

musicman

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

La Confora was the one who also reported that Lamar Jackson could be had for picks. 🤷‍♂️

He is all over the place as most reporters are this time of year.  I'm sure it's by design for the GMs.  It does make the offseason more exciting though.  What else would we be talking about aside from our new staff (which I'm liking!)?

I watched the Tepper video. He made his money on distressed assets. No way he allows #9 to go for Fields, who is now a distressed asset just because of these rumours. Poles is also letting the price get lower (and showing his greenness--he's no vet GM either) by not snuffing this talk out. Even if Fields isn't traded, they've probably set themselves up for an acrimonious Lamar situation anyway. They may actually have to trade him a la Matt Ryan in the Watson mess.

The only way Fields wears a Panther uniform now is probably for a day 2 or 3 pick.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

You think the same people are running the show that were running it then??  Rhule had full roster control and just traded for Darnold thinking he was the answer.  

No, I believe the men that make the decisions now are much smarter than Rhule. Evidently you think their just as stupid. 

57 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

I watched the Tepper video. He made his money on distressed assets. No way he allows #9 to go for Fields, who is now a distressed asset just because of these rumours. Poles is also letting the price get lower (and showing his greenness--he's no vet GM either) by not snuffing this talk out. Even if Fields isn't traded, they've probably set themselves up for an acrimonious Lamar situation anyway. They may actually have to trade him a la Matt Ryan in the Watson mess.

The only way Fields wears a Panther uniform now is probably for a day 2 or 3 pick.

Unless there's no plans to trade him and the plan is to trade out of #1. If teams think there's a real chance the Bears stick at #1 to take a QB it potentially helps maximize the value of that pick.

They can always pull Fields aside and tell him, "Look, we are NOT trading you. But we're definitely going to listen to offers for the #1 overall pick so we're gonna play some games to try to maximize those offers. Don't listen to any rumors you hear. You're gonna be a Bear for a long time."

• Pie 3

I’ve never seen a team supposedly secure their surefire mega-talented franchise QB and somehow get significantly worse each year since drafting him…just saying. From 8-8 to 6-11 to a league-worst 3-14.

I mean, a franchise QB is the most important asset to a team…right? Either Fields is overhyped, or a franchise QB isn’t very impactful. It’s a glaring red flag if you find yourself making countless excuses about why your supposed franchise QB can’t get it done. The common thread between true franchise QBs is that they elevate the team around them.

I know I’ve sounded like a vocal Fields critic on these boards but honestly my very uncontroversial stance is that he’s simply still a question mark. This third year is going to be huge in giving us a clearer picture one way or another. I’m just baffled by the people acting like he “arrived” this year, while leading his team to the worst record in the NFL.

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, Varking said:

Starting stud safety on the team basically telling folks to stop projecting him in trades. He’s not going anywhere. 

Thank you, much appreciated.  I had misplaced my Universal Galactic Translator device.  It also needed new AA batteries but, I digress.

7 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

No, I believe the men that make the decisions now are much smarter than Rhule. Evidently you think their just as stupid. 

You are referring to a decision made 2 years ago when Rhule was in control and passed on a player. Thinking they would feel the same way still is implying they think like Rhule. So your comment actually implies they are just as stupid.

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

I’ve never seen a team supposedly secure their surefire mega-talented franchise QB and somehow get significantly worse each year since drafting him…just saying. From 8-8 to 6-11 to a league-worst 3-14.

I mean, a franchise QB is the most important asset to a team…right? Either Fields is overhyped, or a franchise QB isn’t very impactful. It’s a glaring red flag if you find yourself making countless excuses about why your supposed franchise QB can’t get it done. The common thread between true franchise QBs is that they elevate the team around them.

I know I’ve sounded like a vocal Fields critic on these boards but honestly my very uncontroversial stance is that he’s simply still a question mark. This third year is going to be huge in giving us a clearer picture one way or another. I’m just baffled by the people acting like he “arrived” this year, while leading his team to the worst record in the NFL.

Ughh did you see what the team did after drafting him? Gave him no reps with the ones, started Dalton over him, got rid of Allen Robinson, got rid of an offensive lineman named James Daniels who gave up no sacks this year in Pitt, got rid of every player on the defensive front seven who was even league average…like they gutted the roster and somehow this is surprising that they are losing?

13 minutes ago, Varking said:

Ughh did you see what the team did after drafting him? Gave him no reps with the ones, started Dalton over him, got rid of Allen Robinson, got rid of an offensive lineman named James Daniels who gave up no sacks this year in Pitt, got rid of every player on the defensive front seven who was even league average…like they gutted the roster and somehow this is surprising that they are losing?

It’s like Lawrence struggling and his team finishing last. Or when Pederson kept pulling/playing Hurts and they finished with 4 wins. On a side note people should check how similar Hurts numbers were with Fields.