• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Say the Bears go QB at #1 and trade Justin Fields...

CamWhoaaCam

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The problem with sitting back at #9 is none of those QB's will be available. I don't think Rodgers or Lamar ends up on any of those teams ahead of us that need a QB.

So if we want our guy we most likely have to trade up to get them.

i'd be more ok with trading up to get young or stroud than trading for fields. i think AR will probably be there at 9 and if the choice is trading for fields or drafting AR @ 9, i'm drafting AR @ 9.

if the choice is drafting even Levis @ 9 or trading for Fields...i'd still rather take Levis. 

I've said before that the only team we really need to focus on getting ahead of is the Raiders and even then they will probably go the vet route. Only 2 teams ahead of us is for sure drafting a QB and that's Houston and Indy and I'm still not convinced that they won't be drafting Levis. 

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i'd be more ok with trading up to get young or stroud than trading for fields. i think AR will probably be there at 9 and if the choice is trading for fields or drafting AR @ 9, i'm drafting AR @ 9.

if the choice is drafting even Levis @ 9 or trading for Fields...i'd still rather take Levis. 

I've said before that the only team we really need to focus on getting ahead of is the Raiders and even then they will probably go the vet route. Only 2 teams ahead of us is for sure drafting a QB and that's Houston and Indy and I'm still not convinced that they won't be drafting Levis. 

We need Rodgers to go play with Adams or Jimmy G go get reunited with McDaniels.

• Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

All good. I agree with your point though. The Bears have the cap space and potential picks to build some nice pieces around Fields. Which is why they probably aren’t trading him.

There’s no probably. Fields isn’t going anywhere. 

I’m not sure what’s worse. A person writing an article about an unrealistic, hypothetical example(price would be much more than 9) or that most fans wouldn’t trade the pick but would rather pay much more for an unknown.or pray a QB that cant handle college falls to them. 

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Toomers said:

There’s no probably. Fields isn’t going anywhere. 

I’m not sure what’s worse. A person writing an article about an unrealistic, hypothetical example(price would be much more than 9) or that most fans wouldn’t trade the pick but would rather pay much more for an unknown.or pray a QB that cant handle college falls to them. 

I think some fans and probably journalist (maybe they are just feeding the fans) get excited about the next new shiny object.  It's the same reason why a lot of us wanted a young OC vs a seasoned, established former HC as our new coach.  The unknown can be exciting, but from a business standpoint it can be a terrible gamble.  Franchise QBs are so hard to find right now moving on from one that has shown potential to possibly become one is foolish, especially for an unproven draft pick.  

Out of curiosity is there a QB you are high on in this draft?

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think some fans and probably journalist (maybe they are just feeding the fans) get excited about the next new shiny object.  It's the same reason why a lot of us wanted a young OC vs a seasoned, established former HC as our new coach.  The unknown can be exciting, but from a business standpoint it can be a terrible gamble.  Franchise QBs are so hard to find right now moving on from one that has shown potential to possibly become one is foolish, especially for an unproven draft pick.  

Out of curiosity is there a QB you are high on in this draft?

Stroud impressed me against GA. But not to a point I’m giving up multiple premium picks. 

I don’t think Young is going to be able to run around with plenty of time to throw like in college. You’ve seen him when a team can pressure him. I could see him becoming a Kirk Cousins type. 

The rest are just not good. Levis is a long shot. AR is a lottery ticket. Maybe a flier on Hooker in the 3rd. After that I don’t see anything. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Would we really give a conference opponent the ability to have the number 1 and number 9 picks while helping them offload a QB that they don't want? 

No. If they draft a QB at 1, you let them stew with it until they part with him for a 3rd. 

You wouldn’t have to worry. If he was available for 9, Fields would be in ATL the next day for 8. You think the Falcons would pass that up? 

Man, you guys saying trade the 9th pick or trade the 9th pick AND more for Fields are on something dumb. He wasn’t even originally drafted that high. 

I don’t understand the constant allure some fans have with other team’s throw away players. If the Bears trade Fields for an UNPROVEN rookie QB, there’s a reason for that. Fields is an elite runner, but hasn’t shown much of anything as it pertains to a passer. 

If the Bears draft a QB at 1, Field’s stock plummets because the Bears agent keeping both him and the number 1 pick QB. Fields could be had for a 2nd round pick. That’s the only way I’m taking Fields. 

Just now, SazmoRanger said:

Man, you guys saying trade the 9th pick or trade the 9th pick AND more for Fields are on something dumb. He wasn’t even originally drafted that high. 

I don’t understand the constant allure some fans have with other team’s throw away players. If the Bears trade Fields for an UNPROVEN rookie QB, there’s a reason for that. Fields is an elite runner, but hasn’t shown much of anything as it pertains to a passer. 

If the Bears draft a QB at 1, Field’s stock plummets because the Bears agent keeping both him and the number 1 pick QB. Fields could be had for a 2nd round pick. That’s the only way I’m taking Fields. 

What does where he was drafted have anything to do with it?

The Colts CUT Manning to draft Luck. Was Manning trash? And Fields has thrown the ball as well as any QB this team has had since Cam. With a bonus 1,100 rushing yds. 

Make sure to use that pick on a QB who can’t handle college. If any are even left. 

• Pie 1