• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go for Carr hard and save #9 pick?

Jmac

5 hours ago, heel31ok said:

Lol...proven commodity all the same.Got cut because thats how he played it out.what if a proven commodity got fired, do you hold the same opinion? 

Yes.lol

You got fired for a reason. Be great at your job and you will keep it.

You Carr stans trying to make him out to be elite. In reality he is a middle of the pack QB. It's why he's now looking for another team. Yeah he is a upgrade over Darnold, Mayfield, Bridgewater... but he's also just like them not a franchise QB. His record speaks for itself.

Im sorry but he hasn't won a single playoff game in his entire 9 year career. Elite he is not.

29 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If there is no urgency they are ok with drafting one.  I mean his offensive staff is setup to develop a young QB vs signing a vet.

His staff hasn’t even met yet, and a fair portion of them are getting set up in their office today. 

Jets meeting with Carr went well as I said yesterday and as reported above.

Carr’s team wants to sit down with everyone. Carolina’s FO has interest in talking to him but there’s no point in doing it until Frank’s team can come together and discuss if they have interest. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Carr is going to sign the first week of free agency, why would he wait until the draft?

Carr isn't getting the money he is looking for.

It's clear as day why he is trying to visit more teams.

He's probably looking for 30mil a year and Saints/Jets probably offering below that.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

His staff hasn’t even met yet, and a fair portion of them are getting set up in their office today. 

Jets meeting with Carr went well as I said yesterday and as reported above.

Carr’s team wants to sit down with everyone. Carolina’s FO has interest in talking to him but there’s no point in doing it until Frank’s team can come together and discuss if they have interest. 

Do they have interest or not?  I only see articles saying Carolina is "expected" to have interest.  If a 37 million dollar (his expected salary) starting QB becomes available, and he is one you really like then you don't really drag your feet in meeting with him.  If there is any interest in this point it seems minor, as Frank Reich and Fitt would be at least inquiring about a meeting.  Bringing in Caldwell and McCown is a little telling where Reich is leaning with his QB decision and it's currently in the draft.  This staff was assembled to help find and develop a young signal caller.  Fitt has already said drafting your guy is the best way to do it and also stated if there is one you like you move up and draft him.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Do they have interest or not?  I only see articles saying Carolina is "expected" to have interest.  If a 37 million dollar (his expected salary) starting QB becomes available, and he is one you really like then you don't really drag your feet in meeting with him.  If there is any interest in this point it seems minor, as Frank Reich and Fitt would be at least inquiring about a meeting.  Bringing in Caldwell and McCown is a little telling where Reich is leaning with his QB decision and it's currently in the draft.  This staff was assembled to help find and develop a young signal caller.  Fitt has already said drafting your guy is the best way to do it and also stated if there is one you like you move up and draft him.  

FO has interest, wants buy in/collaboration from Reich’s team. You don’t sign a guy that the staff doesn’t agree on, supposedly that’s the situation FR just came from.

Reich’s team hasn’t even sat down together yet.

NFL moves more like the DMV than McDonalds. 

I imagine there are other staffs being assembled that will want to talk to him as well. Hence why Carr wants to explore his options with these teams and NY wants deal done yesterday. 

What you’re referring to about Fitt is GM speak. Nobody knows what his plan is except him and his team. He isn’t going to broadcast it to the media and lose leverage with other GMs. 

Patience everybody.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

FO has interest, wants buy in/collaboration from Reich’s team. You don’t sign a guy that the staff doesn’t agree on, supposedly that’s the situation FR just came from.

Reich’s team hasn’t even sat down together yet.

NFL moves more like the DMV than McDonalds. 

I imagine there are other staffs being assembled that will want to talk to him as well. Hence why Carr wants to explore his options with these teams and NY wants deal done yesterday. 

What you’re referring to about Fitt is GM speak. Nobody knows what his plan is except him and his team. He isn’t going to broadcast it to the media and lose leverage with other GMs. 

Patience everybody.

Angry Miles Teller GIF by PeacockTV

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah I know Carr is "taking his time", but I see zero reason why we would consider signing him before the draft. Same with Jets or Saints, they could take a qb in round 1 as well and lose interest in him

People are making judgments that aren't warranted yet for reasons listed above.

41 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I think the teams are going to wait til after the draft, theres not exactly a bidding war going on for him at the moment

We don't know any of that for sure.

The one thing we do know is that it doesn't make sense for Carr to wait until free agency because right now he has a monopoly. Once free agency hits, that changes.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

People are making judgments that aren't warranted yet for reasons listed above.

We don't know any of that for sure.

The one thing we do know is that it doesn't make sense for Carr to wait until free agency because right now he has a monopoly. Once free agency hits, that changes.

Smart teams aren't going to sign Carr right away unless he comes really cheap (which he likely ain't trying to hear). In that sense, he's not taking his time, he's being subjected to other people's time.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Smart teams aren't going to sign Carr right away unless he comes really cheap (which he likely ain't trying to hear). In that sense, he's not taking his time, he's being subjected to other people's time.

Smart teams also aren't asking for your evaluation of him.

And to be clear, neither the Jets nor the Saints did just a cursory free agent visit. Both of them wind and dined him.

Hell, The Saints were prepared to trade for his existing contract if he hadn't invoked his no trade clause.

It just seems like a waste of money to hire these QB whispers on your staff and then drop a ton of money to sign an established vet QB in his 30s?  I guess we shall see.  I just see us possibly signing a cheap vet like Brisset or even Darnold and drafting a QB.  Using that QB rookie salary plus all of our free space next season (assuming we don't use it up) puts us in a great spot to build a solid team.  Not to mention Reich issues having a vet QB signed every offseason with the Colts.  Who knows at this point?

• Beer 1

17 hours ago, The Crown and the Claw said:

While I guess things could change I have gotten zero sense that the Panthers are planning on seriously pursuing Carr or any other high priced vet QB. If anything they might kick the tires and do some due diligence but that’s the extent  

The plan since Reich’s hiring and all the staff brought in since have been about drafting and developing their own franchise quarterback. I don’t know where others are “hearing” things but at this point it’s much more likely to trade up in the draft than sign or trade for a current signal caller. 

This person understands.  Hell they have been the only reliable source leaking a little info for us.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Smart teams also aren't asking for your evaluation of him.

And to be clear, neither the Jets nor the Saints did just a cursory free agent visit. Both of them wind and dined him.

Hell, The Saints were prepared to trade for his existing contract if he hadn't invoked his no trade clause.

This is a football message board. They aren't asking for anyone's evaluation. Why state the obvious? 

You can talk about the Jets and Saints all you like. If you offer a QB an I-want-you-right-now type of contract, they're going to take it. There are too many (or two many) dominoes left to fall right now to be giving Derek Carr a big ass contract. 

• Pie 2