• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go for Carr hard and save #9 pick?

Jmac

57 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Teams just don't cut legit QB's.

Legit QB's don't make the playoffs just 1 time out of his entire 9 year career.

We fall for the trap every year. Please just draft a QB. We can't fix a 32 year old aging Carr. Let some other team take him on. We've done it for 3 straight years it doesn't work.

You are just speaking from your butthole and haven't done a single bit of film study on the actual player.

And outside of that, Josh McDaniels is the same guy that immediately had an issue with the existing starting QB of his last HC stint and drafted The Golden Calf of Bristol to replace him.  That is the level of QB acumen we are talking about here.

3 hours ago, Jmac said:

I could live with  improved Darnold and a solid coaching staff to lead him. Of course a good run game and Oline would be a big plus. Rethinking this Carr thing after listening to some feed back. Maybe it is best we don't jump quickly. 

I think our run game will look really good this year with Deuce and Brown. I have to assume that Brown will pretty much be the run game coordinator. With Reich calling the passes and him calling the runs.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Wes21 said:

You are just speaking from your butthole and haven't done a single bit of film study on the actual player.

And outside of that, Josh McDaniels is the same guy that immediately had an issue with the existing starting QB of his last HC stint and drafted The Golden Calf of Bristol to replace him.  That is the level of QB acumen we are talking about here.

So you trying to convince me that Carr is legit when the team he played for just let him leave?

Cmon bruh these are professionals who know the game of football and they clearly didn't think Carr was elite. 

You just don't let a elite QB walk out the door.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Most teams aren't coached by Josh McDaniels.

The teams that are...well 😐

Yeah and the Raiders chose McDaniels over Carr.

That should tell you what they think of Carr. Even being a good person and great leader they still gave him the boot. You don't have those weapons Carr had and not make the playoffs.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

34 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah and the Raiders chose McDaniels over Carr.

That should tell you what they think of Carr. Even being a good person and great leader they still gave him the boot. You don't have those weapons Carr had and not make the playoffs.

Take away the jesus thing and has he even been that great of a team player? Every Raiders message board comment says he's about the money and won't stand in the pocket to take a hit. Those fans are happier to get rid of him than we've been of Sam Darnold for what it's worth, considering both teams have no clue who's going to be their QB next season. 

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Take away the jesus thing and has he even been that great of a team player? Every Raiders message board comment says he's about the money and won't stand in the pocket to take a hit. Those fans are happier to get rid of him than we've been of Sam Darnold for what it's worth, considering both teams have no clue who's going to be their QB next season. 

Yeah I don't know about his leadership.

Im just confused why people think he is elite. We setting the bar low for QB's if Carr is considered elite.lol

Im thinking Carr is in the middle of the pack of starting QB's. If you aren't in the top 10 you're not elite imo.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 hours ago, Wes21 said:

Cutler had 2 winning seasons in 12.  Carr has 2 in 9. Rather similar 

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah I don't know about his leadership.

Im just confused why people think he is elite. We setting the bar low for QB's if Carr is considered elite.lol

Im thinking Carr is in the middle of the pack of starting QB's. If you aren't in the top 10 you're not elite imo.

He was sandwiched in between Pickett and Darnold in the final NFL dot com rankings. Just get Brissett and a rookie and have Corral as the 3rd guy and see what happens. Spend the cap space on skill players

• Pie 3

25 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

He was sandwiched in between Pickett and Darnold in the final NFL dot com rankings. Just get Brissett and a rookie and have Corral as the 3rd guy and see what happens. Spend the cap space on skill players

This always seemed like the most realistic approach. Brissett already played for Frank and he's a much cheaper option than the other bridge QB's.

• Beer 1

On 2/15/2023 at 3:04 PM, Jay Roosevelt said:

No vets. No bridges. DRAFT A QB!

Why Dont We Have Both GIF

On 2/17/2023 at 10:56 PM, TheMaulClaw said:

I totally agree we will get exponentially better with a franchise qb.  I think it just depends on if your really sold on one of the prospects this year.  I like Stroud the most, but deep down I'm a little unsure about all of them this year, but if I had to gamble it would be on Stroud.  I just don't think we have the draft capital to get him without significantly hamstringing this franchise for years to come.  The only way it becomes worth it is if he became a flat out star.

If we were to keep Darnold (Bearded Darnold only), we would have the most flexibility.  Darnold won't inhibit our cap much.  Darnold has improved.  We won't have to pay Carr 30 million dollars a year.  We won't lose our future draft picks. 

Two things can happen with Darnold.  Darnold improves because he is the starter going into mini and training camps.  Darnold will actually have one hell of a coaching staff around him for the first time.  He had Adam Gase and Matt Rhule...poor guy.   Then we win the NFC South with Darnold.

OR

We are back at number 9 next year, because Darnold truly sucks...but this time we are back at number 9 with amazing cap space and we will truly be just a qb away.

We are not just a qb away right now.  We need TE help.  We need another starting linebacker.  We need another receiver.  We need help at corner, I'm not sure if Jackson can return the same player.  We're going to need an opposite edge, and a 1 tech since it appears we're going hybrid 3-4 zone blitz.

This actually makes a ton of sense.

Which means it'll never happen.   😛

Besides, I don't think Frank would want to risk his first year to be a failure....

...then again, we have the Josh McCown factor so I don't know.

Edited by glenwo2

If these people--"draft a QB at all costs" looked at the past drafts, they would realize that it's more likely a failed experiment than successful one.  Oh, but "look the 2020 draft!!!" there are outliers in statistics for a reason.  Cue the "things have changed" or  "You have to take a swing" crowd.  No, you play the odds and right now we have a first year staff, very incomplete roster, weak QB draft and a couple of FA QBs that have played in the system that Reich uses.  This is a very simple answer to me.   Take off the QB blinders and see the big picture folks.

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1