• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is it with this fanbase and their love for bridge vet QB's?

CamWhoaaCam

13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

lol talk about judging people based on their username.

I never talk about bringing Cam back. He's done my man.

Dude, your every post is basically about the Panthers trying to get someone you see as a Cam clone and screaming about it if any other type of QB is discussed (i.e. like this thread).

This is all without any knowledge of system fit, offensive style or...well, pretty much anything else.

You don't know football. You just want another QB with Cam like qualities because that's what you believe makes a great QB. Reality is there's way more to it than that.

And again, looking for "the next" whomever is a really silly way to scout for a player at any position, quarterback included, and it's not what the team uses as a guide to scouting.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Dude, your every post is basically about the Panthers trying to get someone you see as a Cam clone and screaming about it if any other type of QB is discussed (i.e. like this thread).

This is all without any knowledge of system fit, offensive style or...well, pretty much anything else.

You don't know football. You just want another QB with Cam like qualities because that's what you believe makes a great QB. Reality is there's way more to it than that.

And again, looking for "the next" whomever is a really silly way to scout for a player at any position, quarterback included, and it's not what the team uses as a guide to scouting.

Do you just make up lies about people?

I have suggested Lamar/Rodgers or trade up for Stroud/Young or Fields.

Are these 5 QB's all like Cam Newton?

Get Cam Newton out of your brain man. That dude is done with football. He's done.

Edited by CamWhoaaCam

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Do you just make up lies about people?

I have suggested Lamar/Rodgers or trade up for Stroud or Fields.

Are these 4 QB's all like Cam Newton?

Get Cam Newton out of your brain man. That dude is done with football. He's done.

Thanks for helping prove my point 😄

Lemme tell you where your biggest failure is though...

Nobody "loves" the idea of a bridge quarterback. It's just that some are smart enough to understand that's the way you have to go sometimes.

You're a unicorn chaser, thinking that if we just get this one magical guy (usually someone that's already a star) everything will be okay. You are in fact, so committed to the idea that you get angry at anyone who disagrees.

Again, hence this silly thread 🙄

Bottom Line: you're pissed off because you think nobody sees the wisdom in your ideas.

Quick Hint: There's a reason for that 😕

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Thanks for helping prove my point 😄

Lemme tell you where your biggest failure is though...

Nobody "loves" the idea of a bridge quarterback. It's just that some are smart enough to understand that's the way you have to go sometimes.

You're a unicorn chaser, thinking that if we just get this one magical guy (usually someone that's already a star) everything will be okay. You are in fact, so committed to the idea that you get angry at anyone who disagrees.

Again, hence this silly thread 🙄

You're all over the place my man.

I wish you well.

• Beer 1

Im not gonna pound the table for him, Im just good with whatever direction we go.  I will say however he's better than a Jag.  His stats suggest that he's in the range of Kirk Cousins/Dak Prescott.  Maybe not a god, but hes a +2:1 TD to INT rate and you can win with him.  I'd even argue that with what the rams did with Matt Stafford, an argument can be made that you can in fact win a superbowl with a guy like him if you put the correct pieces around him.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

My life has slowly evolved into that. I've become a cantankerous old fart that just loves to piss people off.

Especially fun when they climb on some silly hill and try to take on everyone who doesn't agree with them. Who cares?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Im not gonna pound the table for him, Im just good with whatever direction we go.  I will say however he's better than a Jag.  His stats suggest that he's in the range of Kirk Cousins/Dak Prescott.  Maybe not a god, but hes a +2:1 TD to INT rate and you can win with him.  I'd even argue that with what the rams did with Matt Stafford, an argument can be made that you can in fact win a superbowl with a guy like him if you put the correct pieces around him.

Do you truly think Carr is a franchise QB?

Stafford situation is different because he went to the best roster in football. Rams were getting called a super team by some people.

Carr to me needs to be on a loaded roster to truly contend. Which is why I said the 49ers makes the most sense for him. He's not taking our roster anywhere imo.