• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr Watch

Mr. Scot

24 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Are you mentally handicapped? That’s a 1000 yd difference per season and like 6 TDs more per year.

Not when you look at total TDs as I mentioned. 

And the additional passing yards per game for Carr is a product of 7 more passing attempts per game. If Carr kept the same yards/attempt he’s put up over his career, and only threw 27.6 times a game like Trubisky, he’d average 196 passing yards per game. 10 more than Trubisky while rushing for 17 yards less per game. 

Try actually interpreting the data before calling someone handicapped. 

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, ECHornet said:

Not when you look at total TDs as I mentioned. 

And the additional passing yards per game for Carr is a product of 7 more passing attempts per game. If Carr kept the same yards/attempt he’s put up over his career, and only threw 27.6 times a game like Trubisky, he’d average 196 passing yards per game. 10 more than Trubisky while rushing for 17 yards less per game. 

Try actually interpreting the data before calling someone handicapped. 

I was being polite by not using the r-word which was exactly what I interpreted it as. That’s a lot of reaching and washing statistics to fit your point of view. 

What do you say to the total yards over the same amount of time or even per attempt? Or total TDs over the same amount of time, 4th quarter comebacks, game winning drives, etc? Throw the full comparison out there. 

“Brett Favre must have been a terrible QB because he had a .5% higher interception rate than Baker Mayfield”

Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

Edited by Cdparr7
Needed the gif for clarity.

@Cdparr7: “What do you say to the total yards over the same amount of time or even per attempt? Or total TDs over the same amount of time, 4th quarter comebacks, game winning drives, etc? Throw the full comparison out there. “

I say it’s stupid to compare total stats (explains why you would use it) when one QB started all the games in that span and the other spent many as a backup. That’s why we’re looking at “per game” production. Let me simplify it for you…

If Trubisky and Carr had the same amount of attempts rushing and passing per game, and we assume everything else remained the same, here’s what the stats say you could expect from both per game:

Completion %:

Carr - 64.6%
Trubisky - 64.2%

Passing Yards + TDs:

Carr - 248 yards + 1.5 TDs

Trubisky - 235 yards + 1.4 TDs

Rushing Yards + TDs:

Trubisky - 17.5 yards + 0.2 TDs

Carr - 10.5 yards + 0.08 TDs

Turnovers:

Carr - 0.7 INTs + 0.56 Fumbles

Trubisky - 0.9 INTs + 0.42 Fumbles

To my original point, the difference in Carr and Trubisky from a production standpoint doesn’t seem to validate a ~$30mil difference in pay per year. I’m not arguing that Trubisky is the better QB. Only showing why I believe you could get 90% of Carr’s production for a fraction of the cost with Trubisky.

Edited by ECHornet

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just hope there were no meatballs involved or any gut feeling driven shift to full on recruiting mode.

My guess is that it's a plan B element that they are covering in case they need to move fast to get a deal done. I know that when Carr was released it changed a lot of teams plans at qb.  I think it's a smart move to know if he is really a fall back option. 

Edited by Jon Snow

45 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I doubt Tepper was involved in the meeting if we're not very seriously considering Carr. That doesn't seem like a "tire kicking" type of meeting.

I feel like Tepper is going to be involved with every QB interview and discussion this offseason. If he was already in Indy why would he not be part of the meeting after how involved he's been in everything the entire offseason. I feel like his presence is less of a tell than a number of other owners would be.

3 minutes ago, stan786 said:

I feel like Tepper is going to be involved with every QB interview and discussion this offseason. If he was already in Indy why would he not be part of the meeting after how involved he's been in everything the entire offseason. I feel like his presence is less of a tell than a number of other owners would be.

I suspect Tepper will be in on all the player interviews today.