• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr Watch

Mr. Scot

11 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Reich really likes Carr.  I don't believe it is because of his spiritual beliefs either.  IMO, Reich thinks he can get more out of Carr than anybody can.  If he were to come here, I would bet, though I am not a betting man, Carr will have Career numbers. 

I like to look to the past to get a feel for the present. I went back and looked at an old article.

"Frank Reich's firing became inevitable for the Indianapolis Colts, a matter of when, not if. 

After Sunday's humiliating 26-3 loss to the New England Patriots, featuring one of the worst offensive performances in franchise history, the reality felt tangible in Reich's voice addressing the media. There was the playcaller of an offense that couldn't improve. The fingers had been pointed all round, dating back to last season. It was quarterback Carson Wentz, so they traded him in the offseason. It was quarterback Matt Ryan — Wentz's replacement — so they benched him. It was offensive coordinator Marcus Brady, so they fired him. The Colts ran out of people to point fingers at. It was Reich's time."

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/frank-reichs-firing-shows-new-colts-coach-will-need-qb-to-succeed

Reich should not decide who should be our next QB imo.

7 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I would bet, though I am not a betting man, Carr will have Career numbers. 

Reich's history with QBs suggests Carr would have career numbers in Carolina.

There is little doubt that the Panthers would also improve their W/L record substantially.

On the other hand, Panthers would likely have to designate Carr as the team's long term solution to get him to sign.  Also, his pay would be substantially more than any other Carolina QB.  I'm not sure the Panthers would be prepared to do that.

7 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Reich tried several times to get him in Indy.  Look it up. 

I just googled different versions of "Frank Reich derek carr colts trade"

nothing came up, what articles can you link for us to show the connection, it would help

edit - just found this but its pretty vague

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/derek-carr-trade-rumors-multiple-teams-have-made-offers-for-raiders-quarterback-per-report/

Edited by mrcompletely11

6 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I like to look to the past to get a feel for the present. I went back and looked at an old article.

"Frank Reich's firing became inevitable for the Indianapolis Colts, a matter of when, not if. 

After Sunday's humiliating 26-3 loss to the New England Patriots, featuring one of the worst offensive performances in franchise history, the reality felt tangible in Reich's voice addressing the media. There was the playcaller of an offense that couldn't improve. The fingers had been pointed all round, dating back to last season. It was quarterback Carson Wentz, so they traded him in the offseason. It was quarterback Matt Ryan — Wentz's replacement — so they benched him. It was offensive coordinator Marcus Brady, so they fired him. The Colts ran out of people to point fingers at. It was Reich's time."

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/frank-reichs-firing-shows-new-colts-coach-will-need-qb-to-succeed

Reich should not decide who should be our next QB imo.

Yeah, that's a silly take.

Irsay was interfering in the coaching decisions (the benching of Ryan was his order). And per his own statements, a big reason he fired Reich was so he could install Jeff Saturday. Irsay genuinely believed that would be a genius move on his part.

Pretty much everyone who's analyzed the decision since has branded Irsay a moron while loads are praising the hire of Reich by Carolina.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

nothing came up, what articles can you link for us to show the connection, it would help

edit - just found this but its pretty vague

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/derek-carr-trade-rumors-multiple-teams-have-made-offers-for-raiders-quarterback-per-report/

I found this article. 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/will_new_panthers_hc_frank_reich_go_after_derek_carr_once_again/s1_16460_38398563

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Can't verify "three times" but both CBS Sports and the Indy Star confirmed the Colts tried to trade for Carr before ending up with Matt Ryan.

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean.......its cool if you believe that but it reads pretty suspect and clearly the author even doubts it

Regardless his situation was weird with the Colts and he was being pushed get an established vet QB to win now. He is equipped to draft his guy and develop him with his staff in Carolina. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Can't verify "three times" but both CBS Sports and the Indy Star confirmed the Colts tried to trade for Carr before ending up with Matt Ryan.

Even if that is true, and the that twitter thread seems to have major doubts, then its still a far cry from what the original post of

"Reich really likes Carr.  I don't believe it is because of his spiritual beliefs either.  IMO, Reich thinks he can get more out of Carr than anybody can."

So we just have one report that the colts called about Carr.  I would hardly apply that to Reich being in love with him. 

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean.......its cool if you believe that but it reads pretty suspect and clearly the author even doubts it

You asked for an article and now you don't believe it.

LAME

I don't see anywhere where the author doubts it.  The fact remains the Colts wanted Carr several times. 

Get over it.   You're not the only one that follows what's going on. 

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Regardless his situation was weird with the Colts and he was being pushed get an established vet QB to win now. He is equipped to draft his guy and develop him with his staff in Carolina. 

I think its pretty easy to assume that Reich went to bat for Wentz (who went on to have a good season but imploded in the last 2 games) but probably was just handed Matt Ryan in the recent off season.  Pretty sure there is an article about Irsay instructing ballard to move wentz and get someone else in there

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Even if that is true, and the that twitter thread seems to have major doubts, then its still a far cry from what the original post of

"Reich really likes Carr.  I don't believe it is because of his spiritual beliefs either.  IMO, Reich thinks he can get more out of Carr than anybody can."

So we just have one report that the colts called about Carr.  I would hardly apply that to Reich being in love with him. 

I don't know how strongly Reich feels about Carr. Rapoport has stated that the Panthers have interest though.