• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

10 reasons

NAS

8 hours ago, Luciu5 said:

Carr is fine. Top half of the league guy currently. We will win games with Carr. That will be fun to watch winning football. He'll never get us to the super bowl. We will pick 18-28 next year and Carr has to prove he can do it or the younger guys we are mentoring and grooming will take over and get us to the promised land. Then he becomes an expensive backup who can start and maybe do a Nick Foles impression in the even of injury to our starter.

FIFY

21 hours ago, Luciu5 said:

Carr is fine. Top half of the league guy currently. We will win games with Carr. That will be fun to watch winning football. He'll never get us to the super bowl. We will pick 18-28 every year. We won't have any hope of a franchise QB until after he moves on or retires. Panthers will continue to be a media afterthought.

Ya gotta get to the dance...that's all that matters.  I'm ready for a QB that consistently get to the playoffs, period, end of story.  Carr does that.

One player does not a Super Bowl team make, even the very best of the very best only get a shot or two at the Owl...we need to take more shots.

If you want to go trade for Mahommes, Herbert, Allen or Burrow...I'm all in.  Trade it all.

Moving up in the draft to take Stroud, sitting at 9 and grabbing AR....doesn't guarantee you anything other than a 1st round QB on your roster.  Which is great...but that doesn't mean he's good, or will consistently get you to the playoffs....or beyond...but adding Carr does.

We need to win, and soon.

9 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Ya gotta get to the dance...that's all that matters.  I'm ready for a QB that consistently get to the playoffs, period, end of story.  Carr does that.

One player does not a Super Bowl team make, even the very best of the very best only get a shot or two at the Owl...we need to take more shots.

If you want to go trade for Mahommes, Herbert, Allen or Burrow...I'm all in.  Trade it all.

Moving up in the draft to take Stroud, sitting at 9 and grabbing AR....doesn't guarantee you anything other than a 1st round QB on your roster.  Which is great...but that doesn't mean he's good, or will consistently get you to the playoffs....or beyond...but adding Carr does.

We need to win, and soon.

Carr seems to have regressed badly. Even his buddy Devanta Adams didn’t shed tears when he was benched and released 

On 2/22/2023 at 11:58 AM, JawnyBlaze said:

I mean, he was a legit leading candidate for MVP that year and if the Eagles had not traded up and got him they wouldn’t have won their first ever Super Bowl. So I think they’d say it was worth it. 

I was going to say - isn't the aim of the game to win the SuperBowl?

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

I was going to say - isn't the aim of the game to win the SuperBowl?

1st goal.  Win the division.

2nd goal.  Host a home playoff game.

3rd goal.  Win game.

4th goal.  Host second home playoff game.

5th goal.  Go to Super Bowl.

6th goal.  Win the Lombardi.

You have to get to goal 1 to have a decent shot at goal 3, 4 or 5.  The idea is to keep getting chances to catch fire and get healthy at the same time.  I'm All In on winning an Owl, but I'm more interested in consistency and controlling our division so we can get more shots.

2 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

1st goal.  Win the division.

2nd goal.  Host a home playoff game.

3rd goal.  Win game.

4th goal.  Host second home playoff game.

5th goal.  Go to Super Bowl.

6th goal.  Win the Lombardi.

You have to get to goal 1 to have a decent shot at goal 3, 4 or 5.  The idea is to keep getting chances to catch fire and get healthy at the same time.  I'm All In on winning an Owl, but I'm more interested in consistency and controlling our division so we can get more shots.

Are we getting into the old "just win one Super Bowl and I'm good for the next 20 years" debate again?

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Are we getting into the old "just win one Super Bowl and I'm good for the next 20 years" debate again?

The nice thing about that is it is non binding. Just win one and then if we win another I’ll be good for the next twenty all over again. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Seems like it.

Personally, I'd just prefer to try to be the Packers, Steelers, Ravens, etc....learn how to win consistently and take your shots when you get close.

Just frustrating.

49 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's a few more than that, but they're not all starters.

Brady retiring (again) took all of his off the table.

This so dumb. You’re telling me the Bengals, Charger and Bills haven’t found their QB since they haven’t won the SB yet?