• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL.com ranks Carolina 2022 draft class as worst in NFC South

rebelrouser

10 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

I don't think they are giving Ickey enough credit, he alone boosts our draft class to a B-, yeah we missed on every other pick so far as it stands but a franchise left tackle is a huge foundational part of a successful team.

There was about an 8 week stretch there where Ickey didn’t allow a single sack. He was VERY good this year for a rookie. These national outlets don’t know what the fug they’re talking about when it comes to us 

10 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Can't say I disagree. I believe he will be a solid NFL tackle for years but his ceiling is higher at guard. Corral was taken in the 3rd round of a horrible QB draft class and has serious Will Grier vibes. I think Mays will develop into an above average NFL starter. Jury is still out on McCall and Smith. 

Technically McCall was an UDFA.

Ickeys ceiling is an all pro LT. What are you talking about? He was great this year. The best LT we’ve had since like 2015. 

10 hours ago, rayzor said:

ickey made that draft a success. that was the #1 priority...well, that and a QB but whatever.

imo, we needed to get that OL set up a year before we got our franchise QB. we now need to keep that gang together, especially without rhule getting his fingers in the mix.

but as long as we 1) got our LT and 2) didn't give away any picks that we might need to secure our franchise QB this year, it was a success.

Would love to have another successful draft by getting the best lineman in this one as well...along with ILb,CB, WR and TE.

I like all of our 2022 draft except the Corral pick. It should have been Howell or <hindsight> Purdy later. I believe the unfortunate injury to Corral will provide cover for the front office on that draft mistake. Maybe he’ll prove me wrong in 2023.

After one year, I’d go…

1st: A (hit on one of our biggest needs)

3rd: F (would have said D if not for trading up)

3 picks in 4th-6th: B (good potential guys who all flashed when given opportunities as rookies)

7: C (7th rounders are above average if they make the final 53. Since he hung on elsewhere and we had a lot of DBs, I give it an average grade).

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, rayzor said:

ickey made that draft a success. that was the #1 priority...well, that and a QB but whatever.

imo, we needed to get that OL set up a year before we got our franchise QB. we now need to keep that gang together, especially without rhule getting his fingers in the mix.

but as long as we 1) got our LT and 2) didn't give away any picks that we might need to secure our franchise QB this year, it was a success.

I still think we need reinforcements on the Oline.  They had games where they played really well, but they looked incredibly inconsistent game to game to me.  Icky will obviously progress.  As far as Christensen goes, he's good, but I think we still need a dominant LG.  The guards and the center really make the run game work.  

All the talk is about Reich and the QB position, but Thomas Brown, and Deuce Staley were brought in to oversee the run game.  If we can be consistent in the run game from game to game it's really going to make life easier on the QB and open up the passing game and playaction.   

Reich spoke about passing the ball downfield, but you've gotta have good protection and a strong run game to sell the playaction for that.

Edited by TheMaulClaw
  • Pie 1