• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don Waddell is a cheap ass watch

Panthers Fan 69

13 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Canes were in on that Timo deal but for some reason SJ kept going to the Devils to match over the last week and last minute told them they were out. 

It was reportedly Jarvis plus a first

I'm glad the Canes didn't make that move. Jarvis will be here for a while; Meier, not so much.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Canes were in on that Timo deal but for some reason SJ kept going to the Devils to match over the last week and last minute told them they were out. 

It was reportedly Jarvis plus a first

I find that hard to believe. NJ didn’t give up anything close to the value of a Jarvis. Why would we be expected to? Either SJ was negotiating in bad faith or they just value those prospects from NJ a lot more than the rest of the NHL does. 

• Beer 1

Paywalled

Nothing earth-shattering, but confirms a lot of what has been reported already.

“We’ve been very active and involved in multiple deals,” Waddell said. “The one thing we’re not going to do is give any young players off our roster. And that’s been a focus of some teams that we’ve been dealing with.

Wads wouldn't name names, but did admit that Nikishin is untouchable and that SJ wanted guys we weren't willing to move.

1 hour ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

I find that hard to believe. NJ didn’t give up anything close to the value of a Jarvis. Why would we be expected to? Either SJ was negotiating in bad faith or they just value those prospects from NJ a lot more than the rest of the NHL does. 

Word is they did act in bad faith and it pissed off the canes. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Stumpy said:

Paywalled

Nothing earth-shattering, but confirms a lot of what has been reported already.

Wads wouldn't name names, but did admit that Nikishin is untouchable and that SJ wanted guys we weren't willing to move.

Honestly, I think SJ's GM is an idiot and a dick. I hope we never make any trade with SJ as long as that schmuck is their GM.

I feel bad for Sharks fans because they all know they got trade raped in that Timo trade. Seems like most of them don't like their GM. They are going to be a bottom 5 NHL team for at least the next few years.

• Beer 1

Ok, so I know someone who works for the Canes and I am not trying to be "that guy," but they said Jarvis was never offered.  He was off limits as well as Necas and Nishi who were both asked about. 

They offered a 1st, 2nd, and a high prospect (I think Morrow, but no names were given) and the Canes would take on his salary.  I'll just leave it at that, take it for what it's worth.

It is very apparent SJ was trying to play NJ and Carolina off of each other, Canes moved on and said no thanks.  Really surprised the Sharks retained salary and didn't get more, but it could be they overplayed their hand.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

Ok, so I know someone who works for the Canes and I am not trying to be "that guy," but they said Jarvis was never offered.  He was off limits as well as Necas and Nishi who were both asked about. 

They offered a 1st, 2nd, and a high prospect (I think Morrow, but no names were given) and the Canes would take on his salary.  I'll just leave it at that, take it for what it's worth.

It is very apparent SJ was trying to play NJ and Carolina off of each other, Canes moved on and said no thanks.  Really surprised the Sharks retained salary and didn't get more, but it could be they overplayed their hand.

The GM’s are brothers. 

3 hours ago, Harbingers said:

The GM’s are brothers. 

The GMs of the Sharks and Devils?  I don't think so, although NJ's GM is Tom Fitzgerald and his brother Scott is the director of player personnel.

Mike Grier is the GM for San Jose.

Mike:

index.jpg

1427059154.0.jpg

Edited by Rocky Davis