• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade the 39th and 61st picks for Justin Fields?

20 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

The fact that fans are still latching on to Fields shows the doubt in this year's QB class whether people want to admit it or not.  They don't want to admit it, lol!

That's false.

Nobody wants to trade anything for any QB. You got franchise QB's like Rodgers and Lamar available and nobody wants them. We chased after Deshaun Watson but can't go after these QB's?

Everybody seems comfortable staying put. This franchise is not going anywhere without a QB so it's best to go ahead and trade assets to get one.

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That's false.

Nobody wants to trade anything for any QB. You got franchise QB's like Rodgers and Lamar available and nobody wants them. We chased after Deshaun Watson but can't go after these QB's?

Everybody seems comfortable staying put. This franchise is not going anywhere without a QB so it's best to go ahead and trade assets to get one.

Rodgers-Headcase at the end of career, Jackson-$$$/ multiple 1st AND injury prone.  Watson is a predatory womanizer who hadn't played in a couple of years.  So no, none of those are/were extremely attractive options.

11 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Rodgers-Headcase at the end of career, Jackson-$$$/ multiple 1st AND injury prone.  Watson is a predatory womanizer who hadn't played in a couple of years.  So no, none of those are/were extremely attractive options.

They have flaws but they are franchise QB's.

Im not just talking about those guys though we can also get our QB through the draft.

Sitting on picks does no good if you don't have a legit QB. At some point you have to just go get your guy. I want Stroud, I don't care about trading picks. We need a QB!

1 hour ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

Even if you don't like Justin Fields as a passer (I don't) and think there are better QB options in the draft (I do), giving up two seconds (shots in the complete dark) for a QB that has proven he can at least PLAY in the NFL seems like a smart idea. Chicago said they would have to "fall in love" with a QB to draft him #1 overall. If Stroud, Young, AR or Levis is THAT guy, Chicago would gladly take him especially if they can get two additional seconds for in the same draft to build the team. On our end, I do believe we are a competent QB away from at least winning this awful division. A proven QB for 2 seconds seems like a Win Win for both sides. What say you? 

Hell no. No more projects. Dude is in year 3. Still is atrocious at passing and can’t stay healthy. Just draft until you hit. 

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

They have flaws but they are franchise QB's.

Im not just talking about those guys though we can also get our QB through the draft.

Sitting on picks does no good if you don't have a legit QB. At some point you have to just go get your guy. I want Stroud, I don't care about trading picks. We need a QB!

Question, would you be okay with Levis or you just firmly in the Stroud camp?  Curious.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That's false.

People aren't comfortable staying put. They know you have to have a QB to win. They also realize it takes more than a QB to win. Paying an obscene contract and trading away multiple picks is going to make winning the NFC and a possible SB much more difficult. Then you also have to ask yourself, if these guys are so amazing, why are their franchises willing to let them walk? And just saying they're cheap isn't an answer. It's about maximizing value. 

Having a 2 million dollar sports car is great but if you can never get it above 80, what's the point? I'd rather have a nice car I can drive, a lake house, and a boat to take out on weekends with some extra money in the bank than a car that can never realize it's maximum potential for the same amount of money. 

2 hours ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

I'm making the assumption that either Young, Stroud, Levis, or Richardson WOW at the combine/interviews and emerge as the consensus number 1. In that scenario why would they not take that player and ship Fields out for the best return they could get. Nobody is giving them a first for Fields, but 2 seconds in the same draft is an amazing return considering. 

Yeah...that's pure fantasy.

(borderline delusion, to be perfectly honest)

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Question, would you be okay with Levis or you just firmly in the Stroud camp?  Curious.

Trade up for Stroud or Young.

Im totally fine with Levis or AR if we can't get the top 2.

What im totally against is signing a vet QB to big money. The bridge QB leaves us in no mans land.