• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jalen Carter may be dropping after this

I think his talent outweighs a charge for racing. Although it led to someone's death, and that is extremely unfortunate. I dont believe teams will see this as criminal activity or risk to his involvement in the league. 

Players do not get suspended for racing or reckless driving.

• Poo 1

39 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've seen a couple of people say that he still could potentially be charged with manslaughter.

That'd change the game.

(hell, even the threat of that could)

He could be charged with manslaughter sure. Without knowing the full details of this situation it's hard to say where this goes. This is probably going to end up a civil matter though. It would end up in a wrongful death lawsuit against him as a participant.  That's hard to prove in this situation unless there was a lot of sober witnesses or it was caught on video, which it most likely was.

Involuntary manslaughter is definitely possible. I’d be shocked if there was a conviction and why I’d be surprised if they brought this charge.  Evidence appears  to be solely from surveillance videos. Article I read said the officer did not detect any alcohol.