• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per Matt Miller.. Panthers all in on Richardson?

micnificent28

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we sign Carr I wouldn't mind trading back a bit at all. We could slide back and pick up extra picks and still land a top WR or TE prospect. Honestly with #39 in our back pocket we could probably come out of the draft with top prospects in both position groups.

I like this thinking.  Carr, trade back, Mayer/Washington, Flowers/Johnston/Addison and then Hooker in R2 if he is still available for the developmental QB.  

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He may be in the mix. I'm going on the assumption they are drafting one as every indication I've seen says they are. I suppose it's in the realm of possibilities that they do forgo drafting one from this class. It certainly could be all a smokescreen. 

Damn nobody wants to hear it or even discuss it but they said just a few days ago Corral was on the 11 month timeline for his surgery.  Not going to be ready for otas and if the timeline is correct he might be ready for training camp and even then what are we expecting.  Now couple that with Reich not carrying 3 qbs in a lot of seasons and we have Eason signed who he drafted and has spoken highly of.  Its not a stretch to think they try and stash him on the ps but more then likely another team grabs him a la kellon mond.

Rhule totally fuged this kid

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

ARs footwork is better than what is being described in this thread. He’s just inconsistent with it but there’s a lot of tape out there showing him being nimble and feeling pressure in the pocket and making great decisions with his feet. Again just inconsistent and raw. 

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Someone explain to me how they do that if they trade up and only end up with 1 1st and if their lucky 1 2nd round pick?

I assume your question was rhetorical, since to ask the question is to give the answer.  They can’t.

• Beer 1

Also it’s gonna take huge fuging balls for someone to draft him #1. I don’t see that happening. I could see Bryce not being the #1 qb drafted just because of his size. Think people would be more comfortable with stroud. I would be shocked if AR is the first qb off the board.

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Damn nobody wants to hear it or even discuss it but they said just a few days ago Corral was on the 11 month timeline for his surgery.  Not going to be ready for otas and if the timeline is correct he might be ready for training camp and even then what are we expecting.  Now couple that with Reich not carrying 3 qbs in a lot of seasons and we have Eason signed who he drafted and has spoken highly of.  Its not a stretch to think they try and stash him on the ps but more then likely another team grabs him a la kellon mond.

As much as you know I like Corral as a prospect, as a fan… we have to have another option because his foot may never be the same. Obviously I’m no surgeon though. 

If we went Carr/Rodgers route, it buys us time for a dev QB, but if we go middle bridge, you need to bring in another dev QB unless Reich just loves Eason. 

14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It was definitely shitty luck to be drafted by a coaching staff on a red hot seat then getting a serious injury that will pretty much keep him out of off-season work with the next staff.

• Beer 1

Just now, Wundrbread33 said:

They are either being charitable because he’s right there, or this is some Cam disrespect. 

I’ll say this.

Cam was No Question a much better passer than him.

But.  I’m not so sure you could dismiss this if you are talking same point of their career and age.  Was Cam that much better at Blinn Juco as a Passer than ARich now?

• Pie 2

I’m torn on Richardson. He’s a less athletic, less developed, less accurate Cam. And I loved Cam. I just worry about having a guy who falls back on his arm strength and athleticism again (and why wouldn’t he). I want a QB for the next 15 yrs not the next 5-10 until injuries start piling up. Also, he needs A LOT of development, which we seem to have the coaching staff for, but will he ever be an elite processor or have elite pocket presence like Young? I’m pretty confident the answer to the latter is no.

The more I watch, the more I’m on the Young train. The kid is special. And I was on the Stroud train before because of Young’s size. But Young’s pocket presence and awareness is so far beyond the rest of these guys it’s insane. I just don’t think he’ll take as many big hits because he manipulates the pocket and senses blind side pressure so well. So it’s like if you said QB A would get injured once every 10 hits and QB B would get injured once every 20 hits, but QB A takes half as many hits as QB B, they have the same likelihood of getting injured.

If Young was 6’2 he would be considered one of the greatest QB prospects ever. If we can’t trade up for him, I’m fine with Richardson at 9, but I don’t think I’d want to trade up for Richardson.

• Pie 1