• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Combine Drills: Quarterback Day

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The only thing that changed yesterday is that Bryce Young hurt himself by not throwing.  He left open the opportunity for CJ Stroud to take the number 1 spot. Anthony Richardson helped himself get noticed and may have moved himself into the top 10.  For the others nothing changed. 

he will throw at his pro day on the 23rd

Yeah I've already been thinking about the Willis situation last year. All this about 4 QB's going in the top ten is just draft hype I would be shocked if anything like that went down. But if we do want to move up don't waste too much opportunity.

• Pie 1

48 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

At this point last year …. Malik Willis was projected to be a top 3 overall pick after the combine and his pro day.

Malik Willis was propped up by an extremely weak QB class last year.  The first QB taken was what, Pickett in the 20s?  

There is no chance in hell Richardson falls out of the 1st round.  

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Mage said:

Malik Willis was propped up by an extremely weak QB class last year.  The first QB taken was what, Pickett in the 20s?  

There is no chance in hell Richardson falls out of the 1st round.  

He was propped up by the hype machine. Again, this is not a played to player comparison to AR. This is tempering expectations on where the pro teams actually see these guys being drafted. 

they know way better than anyone else. Teams knew last year Malik wasn’t gonna go first round… but media, Vegas, sources and analysts all were saying Malik could be taken by the lions as their top pick. 

Just now, TheCasillas said:

He was propped up by the hype machine. Again, this is not a played to player comparison to AR. This is tempering expectations on where the pro teams actually see these guys being drafted. 

they know way better than anyone else. Teams knew last year Malik wasn’t gonna go first round… but media, Vegas, sources and analysts all were saying Malik could be taken by the lions as their top pick. 

Do you personally think AR will go top 10?  First round?  As we sit today what do you think?

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Do you personally think AR will go top 10?  First round?  As we sit today what do you think?

I personally think AR will be the third/fourth QB taken. Where he will be taken all depends on who trades up.

i also didn’t think Mitch Trubisky would be a top pick or Baker would go number 1 overall. So what do I know?

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Unless I am missing something there is literally no coverage of the panthers and the combine on the Charlotte Observer site.  WTF has happened to that paper?  Are they really too cheap to send someone up there?

Newspapers are a dead business and they've been in managed decline mode for my entire adult life. I had to unfollow my local small town newspaper on social media because it was just completely trash. Celebrity gossip, national level culture war BS, etc. Like you're a small town (sub-20k) western NC newspaper. I'm following you for local stories. When I couldn't even find the sports schedule for the local HS playoff games anywhere on their site I was like... oh just fug off and fold already. LOL!

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I personally think AR will be the third/fourth QB taken. Where he will be taken all depends on who trades up.

i also didn’t think Mitch Trubisky would be a top pick or Baker would go number 1 overall. So what do I know?

But your gut was right about mitch and baker so I would say instincts matter.   I think a team in the top 10 falls in love with the hype and AR goes top 3.    I think Stroud goes before him and thats probably it

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Newspapers are a dead business and they've been in managed decline mode for my entire adult life. I had to unfollow my local small town newspaper on social media because it was just completely trash. Celebrity gossip, national level culture war BS, etc. Like you're a small town (sub-20k) western NC newspaper. I'm following you for local stories. When I couldn't even find the sports schedule for the local HS playoff games anywhere on their site I was like... oh just fug off and fold already. LOL!

Yeah but to not even cover one of the biggest events in the biggest us sport is crazy