• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Combine Drills: Quarterback Day

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

CJ, Levis, and now AR have all said some extremely cocky poo over the last 24 hours... its either the mentality agents are telling these kids to have... or they indeed have ego issues.

At the time end of the day to be a great QB in the NFL you gotta walk that tight rope between confident and cocky. I haven't seen any of these guys come across as bad as Josh Rosen or Brock Osweiler. Those are the only two guys I've ever written off as surefire busts simply based on how off the charts cocky they came across in the pre-draft process.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

CJ, Levis, and now AR have all said some extremely cocky poo over the last 24 hours... its either the mentality agents are telling these kids to have... or they indeed have ego issues.

They MUST be highly confident and self assured, that scares less confident folk and can come off as ego or arrogance. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Just a pet peeve of mine when people come into clearly titled threads and complain or mock people for discussing exactly what the thread title would lead you to believe is being discussed. Just seems like people wouldn't click on topics that aren't of interest to them but maybe I'm weird that I don't.

I suppose uniformity is not one of my strong suits. Sorry not sorry if feelings we hurt.

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Is going 1 now.   Damn that’s insane.   

I mean if that happens I'm happy throwing #9 at Young and shooting my shot again next year if he's crap.

Just don't put multiple firsts on the line - that's my breaking point. 

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Him and SS sr were in love with Downs during his drills on NFL+

The dude can flat out play. As a huge UNC fan, my concerns about Downs in the NFL are:

1. Size. He's gonna be a shoehorned as a slot only guy and he faced virtually no press coverage at UNC because defenses were terrified of getting beat deep in large part because we had great deep ball throwers in Howell and Maye.

2. Durability. He didn't miss many games at UNC but he was routinely hampered by nagging injuries.

3. Giving up yards to try to gain yards. He's fully willing to give up yards to get space to try to make a move. It worked out more often than not in college but it may be a habit he'll need to break in the NFL.

At the end of the day though, I expect him to be a very good NFL slot WR.

• Pie 1