• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor: The Prodigal Son And The Road Home

rippadonn

I think giving credit to a coach for a QBs success is fine, but why would Daboll be the only coach qualified to use him properly? 
I actually don’t mind thinking about Jones. I don’t know enough about the guy really but why shouldn’t people look at it? 

Maybe that 45 million asking price? Maybe they are skeptical because he may have had a single good year out of 4? Though, maybe the light bulb is coming on. 
Id rather sign Sam at this point to be honest but open to having my mind changed. 
We can still draft a QB.  Still will have Corral if that matters. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

As someone that lives in NYC, I'll just say you have no clue what you're talking about, ripp.

So, yards, completion percentage, low INT, QBR mean nothing to you huh?

They never built around DJ everybody knows that, even Giants fans.

2 hours ago, Reebis21 said:

Name a good receiver or TE in the Daniel Jones era of NY football.....

They conveniently forget his rushing TDs dual threat, can't leave those out.

He also lead the NFC in QB rushing yards a couple years back.

There's a reason his supposed price is so high, because he played his ass off despite not having elite receivers almost his whole career.

On 3/5/2023 at 11:20 AM, ECHornet said:

If I were a pro QB, I’d take 25 million per year instead of 40 to play for the Panthers.

What am I really going to do with 40mil per year that will make my life extraordinarily better than earning 25mil per?

My answer is nothing that would overcome playing QB for my favorite team in my home state. Not claiming D Jones shares that sentiment. 

You have to ask for that kind of money in NYC. It's 4 times as expensive there with higher income taxes.  You have to be a millionaire to rent an apartment there.

• Beer 1

TDs, TDs, if you are throwing to JAGS 69% completion percentage ain't getting you touchdowns AND with Barkley chances for running TDs go up the closer they get to the RedZone so why wouldn't NY send Barkley in for those TDs?!

Especially with nobody at WR or TE. What is THAT stat line supposed to look like with no receivers and a star RB? Daniel Jones is beating as a QB right now. Only way to prove it is to get out of NY, HE knows that.

Continue to sleep on Dan Jones to your own folly.

Edited by rippadonn

23 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

So, yards, completion percentage, low INT, QBR mean nothing to you huh?

They never built around DJ everybody knows that, even Giants fans.

No, I'm saying most Giants fans wanted to get a deal to get done and that Jones didn't want to "come home" to NC.

2 hours ago, stratocatter said:

I think giving credit to a coach for a QBs success is fine, but why would Daboll be the only coach qualified to use him properly? 
I actually don’t mind thinking about Jones. I don’t know enough about the guy really but why shouldn’t people look at it? 

Maybe that 45 million asking price? Maybe they are skeptical because he may have had a single good year out of 4? Though, maybe the light bulb is coming on. 
Id rather sign Sam at this point to be honest but open to having my mind changed. 

I see the Panthers picking #9 this draft. I know EVERY fanbase wants their team to go after the hottest new college prospects but at what cost?

As you said one of the hottest college players from 21' and 22' is here already. From everything I've seen the Panthers do since Fitt, I don't see them going all out on a QB when they went and got one THEY thought was pretty damn good and needed time to adjust to the NFL already. THEY drafted him THEY will want to see what he's got in the tank.

That's why I find all the QB bluster here very unrealistic.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

No, I'm saying most Giants fans wanted to get a deal to get done and that Jones didn't want to "come home" to NC.

Talk to your fellow NYers THAT rumor came from them.

Daniel wants out. They never loved him like they should have, now they love him.

Too late. I think he will force a sign and trade. He's done with y'all.

12 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I see the Panthers picking #9 this draft. I know EVERY fanbase wants their team to go after the hottest new college prospects but at what cost?

As you said one of the hottest college players from 21' and 22' is here already. From everything I've seen the Panthers do since Fitt, I don't see them going all out on a QB when they went and got one THEY thought was pretty damn good and needed time to adjust to the NFL already. THEY drafted him THEY will want to see what he's got in the tank.

That's why I find all the QB bluster here very unrealistic.

Of course you see it that way, because you're desperate for Corral to work out. But I fear he will join the list of QBs to whom you've given the kiss of death.

3 hours ago, stratocatter said:

They focussed on the rushing game. It hid their poor defense and Jones.....then they paid Jone this ?

• Beer 1