• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers to aggressive pursue trade up to get a QB

TheSpecialJuan

I’m thinking the Panthers are more aggressive on the draft front than Carr front. However, that is my opinion. I do think Carr instantly becomes the best QB in the NFC South, I’m just not in a position where I think we’re ready for a move of that caliber yet. 

1 hour ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

Conversation with Carr today is supposed to be centered around money with his agent present. If the conversation goes well, he will visit in person and will likely leave with a contract.

This will be the fourth conversation he has had with the Panthers. He visited in person at the combine, and had two other phone conversations prior to the combine.

If conversation does not lead to further interest from either side, the Panthers will be searching for a dance partner in the Top 5.

Thanks for the intel but this is so painfully unexciting lol

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, Wentz and Carr's situations are pretty much nothing alike.

I disagree with this a bit, Wentz was legitimately good statistically right up until that last year he got benched and was thought highly enough to pull a first round pick in a trade that offseason. I dont think Carr is destined to Wentz, but its not like Wentz was considered total garbage when he left the Eagles. A lot felt like he just needed to find a new home.

3 minutes ago, stan786 said:

I disagree with this a bit, Wentz was legitimately good statistically right up until that last year he got benched and was thought highly enough to pull a first round pick in a trade that offseason. I dont think Carr is destined to Wentz, but its not like Wentz was considered total garbage when he left the Eagles. A lot felt like he just needed to find a new home.

Reich's reported argument for bringing Wentz to the Colts was that he believed he could "fix" him (he later acknowledged that was a mistake).

If you've seen the comments from his combine presser, Reich isn't talking about "fixing" Carr.

2 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Carr is just a Cousins. He may get us 12 wins but he will be the reason we never make a Super Bowl. 

That's your opinion. I get it.

Mine is that when it comes to these decisions, I trust the people we currently have making them.

If they decide they want Carr, I'm on board.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Reich's reported argument for bringing Wentz to the Colts was that he believed he could "fix" him (he later acknowledged that was a mistake).

If you've seen the comments from his combine presser, Reich isn't talking about "fixing" Carr.

I mean he wasnt really talking about fixing Wentz when you read his presser on him, he basically said that it was a team thing and you cant always expect the QB to be Superman.

"When you have superpowers, quote-unquote, and in ’17, it was like he did have superpowers, he made so many plays, ridiculous plays, you just can’t do that all the time,” Reich said. “And then in ’20, the protection wasn’t as good as it was in ’17, and so it required him to do more with less, because they had so many guys hurt and because of the other dynamics that were there."

However, Reich didn't completely absolve Wentz of the blame.

"So, yeah, some of it’s him," Reich said. "Just get rid of the ball, help your offensive line out, it’s not just the protection isn’t good. The quarterback can help the protection, just getting rid of the ball. But it’s not all Carson’s fault either. It’s everybody’s fault.”

Its closer to how people are blaming the Raiders org for Carr than it is about fixing him.

In hindsight sure fixing him generally became the idea, but at the time it wasnt like Reich was out there saying "I have to fix him" it was more I believe in him and think he got a bad draw last season.

Edited by stan786

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

That's your opinion. I get it.

Mine is that when it comes to these decisions, I trust the people we currently have making them.

If they decide they want Carr, I'm on board.

I think trusting people at this stage of the game if foolish. 
This coaching staff on paper looks good. But if Carr is signed and the Panthers fall on their faces then trust doesn’t mean much. 
This coaching staff has to give me a reason to trust them. As of right now I don’t. I “nothing” them. 
But I hope in the future I can trust them. 

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Never? Are be barred from getting into a SB for life if we sign him to a 3 or 4 year deal?

We are not making the Super Bowl with Carr at QB. So, yes never. Unless this team is able to get over Carrs brain fart moments that seem to rise up at the worst possible moment. 
Carr is Cousins. I don’t want a Cousins on this team.