• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's 2023 Draft general

Verge

On 3/5/2023 at 5:59 PM, Verge said:

This years QB rankings: 
1. Bryce Young 
2. Anthony Richardson
3. CJ Stroud
4. Will Levis 
5. Hendon Hooker 

Who was the guy doing the rating?  He must have been on an acid trip when he put AR ahead of CJ Stroud.  AR's pass completion percentage was 13th in the SEC and didn't make the top 100 in the FBS.   He also took a shot at his receivers for dropping passes.  

https://www.gatorsports.com/story/sports/college/football/2023/03/03/florida-gators-qb-anthony-richardson-speaks-at-nfl-combine/69967031007/

Former Florida quarterback Anthony Richardson spoke for 15 minutes at the NFL combine in Indianapolis on Friday morning, and he didn't mince words when asked about his completion percentage during his senior year at Florida.

Richardson's completion percentage of 53.8 percent (176 of 327) ranked 13th among 14 SEC quarterbacks last season, ahead of only Auburn's Robby Ashford.

"I can definitely get better and delivering the ball and helping my guys up," Richardson said. "But I also can't catch every pass. If I could, I would, definitely. But it's also helping guys out and helping guys help me."

Here is the pass completion percentage rankings for FBS QB's in 2022.  It only goes up to 100 and AR isn't there.  

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/player-stat/completion-percentage

• Pie 1

On 3/6/2023 at 3:06 PM, Verge said:

I did an article on this actually! It went back two years. Hasn't been published yet but I believe it was 

1. Lawrence
2. Young 
3. Stroud
4. Richardson
5. Wilson 
6. Fields 
7. Lance 
8. Jones 
9. Pickett 

I flip flop on Stroud and Richardson a lot. It is a continuous development. 

Just wanted to say I very much enjoy your insight each draft season. 

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, Basbear said:

@Verge who should the panther target at 39th, somewhat realistic players a few of them. 

Maybe who you think they should 

and

who you think they will. 

I think they still need wide receiver and defensive line/edge help. Feels like the perfect spot to get either of those. 

6 hours ago, GOAT said:

Verge who do you think the Panthers are trading up for?

Bryce Young. 

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, Verge said:

I think they still need wide receiver and defensive line/edge help. Feels like the perfect spot to get either of those. 

I read your 1 round mock draft from last week (where you picked Young). Have you done anything with the other rounds included?

• 2 weeks later...