• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Ravens can’t be this dumb? They’re a smart organization right?

TheBigKat

42 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Everyone wants to get paid what they think they are worth. The trouble is your employer may not think you are worth that to have you doing that job. Especially if you are living up to the job expectations your employer set out for you.

Lamar is about to find out what someone is willing to pay him to do the same job. If he doesn't live up to those expectations after that then that employer will question whether the Ravens weren't right all along.

What have the Ravens done to help Lamar?

They had him on a rookie contract and they didn't spend money to surround him with weapons. Now Lamar wants all his money because they aren't using it to help him.

Ravens are simply a cheap franchise.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Lamar has a 75% win percentage as a starter.

Lamar is in the same situation as Cam. Franchise ask them to do it by yourself don't get him weapons than when it's time to pay they give you a joke of an offer 133mil guaranteed.

Lamar now says since you guys don't want to give me weapons just give me all my money.

I think they are going to let him test the market and if a team offers him more than they are willing to pay he's gone.

The Ravens won before him, and will do so after if he doesn't want to play under their terms.  I don't normally talk about winning % when it comes to QB's....and it really doesn't help when said team wins the same amount of games with you as they do without you.

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

They had him on a rookie contract and they didn't spend money to surround him with weapons. Now Lamar wants all his money because they aren't using it to help him.

You've asked this and been answered so many times it's ridiculous. It's just never the answer you want. 

So the Ravens will be screwed by not signing him to the deal he hopes to get, saving all that money, and then taking their two picks someone gives them?

Add that to this year’s 1st they can replace him with the 1st overall pick on a 5 year rooking deal. I’d not feel too screwed.  

I’d feel screwed if an injury prone player successfully held me hostage for a fully guaranteed king’s ransome.

14 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

The Ravens won before him, and will do so after if he doesn't want to play under their terms.  I don't normally talk about winning % when it comes to QB's....and it really doesn't help when said team wins the same amount of games with you as they do without you.

So Lamar is just another QB let him go.

We will see how it plays out.

26 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Are you his mom, I mean agent? What are you asking me for? I do not work for the Ravens.  His value is what someone is willing to pay him period.  His own team set his value to them at 133 mil guaranteed.  You need to get pissed at the Ravens and not me.

5 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

So the Ravens will be screwed by not signing him to the deal he hopes to get, saving all that money, and then taking their two picks someone gives them?

Add that to this year’s 1st they can replace him with the 1st overall pick on a 5 year rooking deal. I’d not feel too screwed.  

I’d feel screwed if an injury prone player successfully held me hostage for a fully guaranteed king’s ransome.

I've been wondering for a while whether the Ravens were sold on continuing on with Jackson once his contract wound down.

People get enamored with him because he is exciting to watch.  Unlike a lot of QBs that can run, he is a good NFL passer.......right up until the playoffs start.  Then his passing numbers take a dramatic downturn.  I know, I know, the Ravens didn't do enough to put talent around him.  But it is the same talent that led to better passing production and efficiency from him during the regular season.  Once the playoffs start, his completion percentage drops a bit, but his interception rate goes up, his TD rate drops to about a third, and his sack percentage goes up quite a bit.

Granted, that is not all on him, but the difference when the playoffs start is that you can expect to see the opponents defense bring their "A game."  Both in execution and the game plan.  Thus far, Jackson's counter has not lived up to the spotlight.

If you are sitting in the Ravens' chair, you begin to wonder if he can get it done when the playoffs start.  In fairness, that collar is often unfair to put on somebody.  The Cowboys wonder(ed) the same thing about Prescott, but the difference is, Dak's playoff numbers aren't dramatically different than his regular season numbers.  The difference is Dak's lower numbers are within the realm of opposing defenses just being stingier in the playoffs.  Lamar's dropoff is more than that, whether that is on him, playing through injuries, his OC's and their game plans, or the rest of the team fading around him.

This may be a pending divorce that has been a longer time in the making than some realize.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So Lamar is just another QB let him go.

We will see how it plays out.

No, he's a QB that is hard to defend, and can make things happen when he's on the field, but he's off the field too much, and he's asking for top of the heap money while negotiating for himself in his about his 2nd contract.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Are you his mom, I mean agent? What are you asking me for? I do not work for the Ravens.  His value is what someone is willing to pay him period.  His own team set his value to them at 133 mil guaranteed.  You need to get pissed at the Ravens and not me.

People ask football questions on this board my man.

Also who is pissed?

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

No, he's a QB that is hard to defend, and can make things happen when he's on the field, but he's off the field too much, and he's asking for top of the heap money while negotiating for himself in his about his 2nd contract.

Watson had a major injury and still got paid. Allen/Burrow will get paid.

Lamar getting paid is only a problem for Baltimore. You will see just how many teams pay him if he becomes available.