• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints Sign Derek Carr to 4 year deal.

TheWiz

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

If we have to sign a vet because a QB we take top 10 is not ready to start, that would be disappointing. A vet like Brissett doesn’t make us a contender, play the rookie. 

Absolutely not. So you are want to lose games while the rookie gets his feet wet?  I mean, if you want to get a QB next year too, I guess accumulating loses makes sense.

11 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Absolutely not. So you are want to lose games while the rookie gets his feet wet?  I mean, if you want to get a QB next year too, I guess accumulating loses makes sense.

How about Marvin Harrison Jr? Joe Burrow’s first draft  after he joined the Bengals got him Chase.

We are competing for a title with a rookie. We don’t have a complete team yet. I’d rather the rookie get experience and if he loses more than a vet early, who cares?

Now, we are likely throwing all our picks in the mix so draft will be a lot less impact anyway.

Did it matter to the Bills, Bengals or Jax or LAC (Tua was hurt so can’t use him) to have them start as rookies?

6 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

How about Marvin Harrison Jr? Joe Burrow’s first draft  after he joined the Bengals got him Chase.

We are competing for a title with a rookie. We don’t have a complete team yet. I’d rather the rookie get experience and if he loses more than a vet early, who cares?

Now, we are likely throwing all our picks in the mix so draft will be a lot less impact anyway.

Did it matter to the Bills, Bengals or Jax or LAC (Tua was hurt so can’t use him) to have them start as rookies?

Did it matter to the Jets, Browns, Bears, 49ers, Jets (part deux), Giants etc, etc, etc...?  You can cherry pick all you want, I ain't biting.

You play a guy IF he's ready.  Stroud and Young could be, be I'm not sold on them.  Levis or AR will fall flat on their face if they start day 1.  They aren't ready.  

Edited by 45catfan
  • Beer 1

18 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Well if that's the case, the Panthers might as well re-sign Sam as that would accomplish the "accumulating losses" thing.   (unless of course, that 4-2 record last season wasn't a mirage)

On 3/6/2023 at 9:59 AM, Matthias said:

Maybe we can trade for Jameis Winston.

Jameis Winston Drew Brees GIF - Jameis Winston Drew Brees New Orleans  Saints - Discover & Share GIFs

JW is accurate.  My complaint is that he seems to panic, in the pocket.  That’s why he has thrown all those interceptions, while at Tampa Bay.  I wish him the best but, I wouldn’t recommend hlm.

The problem isn’t that Derek Carr is good. The problem is that Derek Carr is the perfect candyass QB to pair with a candyass media darling team like the Saints. The league will Cinderella this man and screw us with top notch scrubtacular officiating for the next 3 years. Just watch.

24 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

This could come back to haunt us, if he doesn't completely fail with the aints , then we have to face our missed oppurtunity twice a season 

If the saints sweep us this year, I am blaming every huddler here 

It's all my fault.  I had nothing to do with the decision.  Were I we would have our franchise qb already.