• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking: Lamar Jackson is available as Raven's have placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on him.

thunderraiden

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

You can't help but wonder where Lamar Jax would be right now with an agent.  Did he screw himself here?  I think he did, but details will be available soon.

What makes you think it will be soon?

He can stretch this out until July.

He's not on the market until he signs the tender.

10 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Its not odd. To you maybe, but I expected this to happen.  I think Lamar is about to find out he's not going to get the kind of contract he wants. 

What's happening right now has a similar feel to the contracts right before the rookie contract went into place. I think teams are going to get to a point and say this is as much % of our cap as we're paying and that's it. Those rookie contracts used to cripple teams when they didn't work out and these mega contracts have that same feel. 

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He got traded to a team of his choice still after his legal issues and still got a poo ton of guaranteed money?

Watson wasn't franchise tagged. He was under contract when he held out.

Even so, after two years off, he now looks a lot worse and his situation has made it a lot harder for anyone else to get a deal like that.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Even so, after two years off, he now looks a lot worse and his situation has made it a lot harder for anyone else to get a deal like that.

Look at the tweets teams are all making it known that they aren't interested. This is the owners coming together saying we are not making the Watson contract the new standard.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I get it, but he ultimately got what he wanted. Rodgers also was missing camp and got what he wanted from GB. Players still have more control that people think. SizzleBuzz refused to believe it as we all watched Watson strong arm the whole Texans organization even through all his legal issues and walk away rich.

59 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Don't remember exactly, but didn't Cam want a guaranteed contract after his last shoulder injury? I seem to remember something about that and then letting him play out the one year remaining. I tried to find it but didn't have any luck. 

That was an unfounded rumor that got perpetuated around here. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze