• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Kunkel says we're only "seriously interested" in three

top dawg

48 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From Joe Person in The Athletic (link)

The Panthers are considering all options, but they know they would have to switch places with Arizona at 3 to ensure they get one of the top three QBs on their board. While the Panthers are impressed with Anthony Richardson’s raw talent, my sense is they view him as too big of a gamble to trade up for. Then — assuming they don’t pursue another free agent such as Jimmy Garoppolo — it becomes a matter of which QB they like best among Bryce Young, C.J. Stroud and Will Levis.

I think Joe does a good job saying “…my sense is…”. It is very clear it is his opinion. Joe is doing a great job at the Athletic.

• Pie 1

Just now, Martin said:

I think Joe does a good job saying “…my sense is…”. It is very clear it is his opinion. Joe is doing a great job at the Athletic.

I'd agree.

You have to be really interested to read some of the pieces in The Athletic. They definitely aren't written for quick browsing.

(same with Albert Breer's MMQB posts)

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Martin said:

It feels like Kunkel is often speculating or thinking out loud on what he would do and then pass it on as information he’s learned from sources. So it is hard to trust him imo. But I’m sure he gets it right at times.

It’s exactly what it is.  He legit went on a podcast just yesterday saying he thinks the Panthers like Young and Levis as the top 2 QBs due to fit then a gap and then Stroud as QB3.  Noting while Stroud throws nice passes. “He’s always just throwing to open WRs”

as of there isn’t video evidence out there from our very own QB Coach essentially contradicting Kunkles evaluation.  

But then again.  Kunkle did say like 3 weeks ago that Stroud was the only QB worth trading for this draft. Soooo

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Krovvy said:

🤣

This guy is looking to hit on predictions to up his sorry ass Twitter following. Any hits he has will be remembered, while stuff like this will be forgotten. 

It seems most of sport twatter is aiming at growing their "rep/follow/whateverdafug" with super edgy bizarre cucklicky bait BS.... fug do I hate this timeline.....

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

It seems most of sport twatter is aiming at growing their "rep/follow/whateverdafug" with super edgy bizarre cucklicky bait BS.... fug do I hate this timeline.....

It's not just Twitter. That's what sports talk in general has become.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

A lot of guys do.

Some are better at making it clear which parts are their own opinion vs what they're hearing than others.

Being able to distinguish those things goes a long way toward understanding what's being reported.

I agree, it just bugs me that some reporters are not more upfront about it. It is an issue with the clickbait era unfortunately.

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

If there are three, then move up with Arizona asap.

Agreed, If we have 3 names go to #3 and rejoice.  However...if Chicago stays in the top 4 picks and Las Vegas does not move up then the Panthers only need to go to 5 for their 3rd guy.  Just saying

Edited by Shocker

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's not just Twitter. That's what sports talk in general has become.

Thank you for going there and finding panther content!

Skip changed the sports talk world for the worse reason, boy do I miss 90s espn......also miss espn news. Hate that "debate" and "divide" and "pick a side" that sports talk became, thanks skip you fuging monster....

Finally Im old enough to member when you didnt even post twatter stuff, you jumped in head first....

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Thank you for going there and finding panther content!

Skip changed the sports talk world for the worse reason, boy do I miss 90s espn......also miss espn news. Hate that "debate" and "divide" and "pick a side" that sports talk became, thanks skip you fuging monster....

Finally Im old enough to member when you didnt even post twatter stuff, you jumped in head first....

I could give you plenty of my own opinion but I don't have any inside sources 😆

Twitter's become one of the better ways to get information, even if it's sometimes inextricably mixed with opinion.

One of the policies I have with it these days is that not everything I post is necessarily something I agree with. It's just something that I tend to feel is worth discussing.

I've said many times that Jason LaCanfora for example is very hit or miss, but if you ignore something he posts and it turns out to be a hit, then you're the one that missed 😃

20 minutes ago, Martin said:

He did improve lots after he leftd the observer, sad part is he maybe the best non-panther owned reporter now. He still asks such shitty questions, my god joe.....

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I could give you plenty of my own opinion but I don't have any inside sources 😆

Twitter's become one of the better ways to get information, even if it's sometimes inextricably mixed with opinion.

One of the policies I have with it these days is that not everything I post is necessarily something I agree with. It's just something that I tend to feel is worth discussing.

I've said many times that Jason LaCanfora for example is very hit or miss, but if you ignore something he posts and it turns out to be a hit, then you're the one that missed 😃

thats fair.

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

He did improve lots after he leftd the observer, sad part is he maybe the best non-panther owned reporter now. He still asks such shitty questions, my god joe.....

He's not as cringe as David Newton when it comes to questions though. You'd have to go a pretty long way to get to that point.

We've had some pretty good ones pass through on their way elsewhere. Jourdan Rodrigue, Alaina Getzenberg and Jonathan Alexander for example.

Kinda hoping The Observer manages to hang on to its current team of Ellis Williams and Mike Kaye. They're both top notch.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1