• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's talk about the Will Levis hate

GOAT

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

There's really been no debate. All you've said is Baltimore is cheap, mean to his mom, and pay them whatever they want just to get him here. You've constantly said he's won 75% of his games without acknowledging it's actually a team sport and he in fact has won nothing by himself. You also haven't accepted he's in this position because he's made some very poor business decisions his entire career regarding hiring an agent from day 1. 

I actually have zero issue with Lamar other than the cost and possible injury history. It's going to be 200-225m guaranteed of 250m plus and the picks. My biggest concern is being able to build around him. He can do a lot but he cannot win games by himself. Right now, our offense is virtually identical to Baltimore. 1 receiving threat and a bunch of no names. It's not even known if he would fit into the offensive scheme we want to run or our team building plan. Our defense is transitioning to a 3-4 which will take some personnel adjustments to accomplish. In order to build a consistent contender you need high end talent on rookie contracts and enough cap room to sign other players to build an offense and a defense. 

I want no part of Rodgers. One of the best WRs in the league flat out said he'd rather go play with Carr, who you wanted no part of, than play with him. His franchise is ready to see him go and are done with him. You don't toss away elite QBs for no reason. His 60m a year salary, plus picks, plus he may retire at any point. Nah man, I'm good without that. 

That's your opinion.

But don't come to me every day when I say we should go after Lamar. And yes I use the same excuse everytime because it is a fact! You can't debate facts. I want a franchise QB if not im fine drafting a QB. Anything in between no thanks. Carr was neither of those options.

The only argument I have seen against Lamar is his injury history and contract. Nobody is arguing his play and production. That tells me all I need to know.

If you pay attention I never said we should offer him the Watson contract. I said just offer him a fair contract. If Baltimore matches oh well.

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

Fields is trending upwards. 

There is a reason the Bears are not trading him. He's going to be special when he gets a Oline. He's rushing like Mike Vick behind a bad Oline.

When he gets time to throw like he did at Ohio State he will prove the doubters wrong about his passing ability. They need to get him some help though.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

23 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That's your opinion.

But don't come to me every day when I say we should go after Lamar. And yes I use the same excuse everytime because it is a fact! You can't debate facts. I want a franchise QB if not im fine drafting a QB. Anything in between no thanks. Carr was neither of those options.

The only argument I have seen against Lamar is his injury history and contract. Nobody is arguing his play and production. That tells me all I need to know.

If you pay attention I never said we should offer him the Watson contract. I said just offer him a fair contract. If Baltimore matches oh well.

I can debate your facts because the facts you've presented are your opinion. Baltimore has been mean to his mom. Who fuging cares. Hire an agent. Baltimore is cheap. Baltimore is taking advantage of an inexperienced business man and taking him to the cleaners. There was a solutin to that. Hire an agent. He's won 75% of the games he's played in. He didn't do that by himself. It takes a team effort. Take away that team and Lamar doesn't win anything. It takes an offensive line, receivers, RBs, defense, coaches and coordinators. He isn't doing all of this in a vacuum. He may play the most important position on the field but he doesn't do it by himself. 

And if you think people have only been arguing his contract and his injury history you haven't been paying attention. They wanted 3 1sts , plus contract, plus injury history. His play and production have also been question with reason. It's declined since his MVP season. It's perfectly logical and good business to question and evaluate why. 

How much do you think it costs to just offer him a contract? 100-250k. There's time and resources you don't just get back. If they feel Baltimore is just going to match it, why do the work for them? Take that effort and time and put it to use making the whole team better. 

There's more to team building and running a franchise than just spending all your resources on a player. You have to be able to put that player in a position to succeed and if you can't do that, you're wasting everyone else's time.  You see this from a fan's perspective. I'm looking at it as a business. That's why we don't agree. 

8 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I can debate your facts because the facts you've presented are your opinion. Baltimore has been mean to his mom. Who fuging cares. Hire an agent. Baltimore is cheap. Baltimore is taking advantage of an inexperienced business man and taking him to the cleaners. There was a solutin to that. Hire an agent. He's won 75% of the games he's played in. He didn't do that by himself. It takes a team effort. Take away that team and Lamar doesn't win anything. It takes an offensive line, receivers, RBs, defense, coaches and coordinators. He isn't doing all of this in a vacuum. He may play the most important position on the field but he doesn't do it by himself. 

And if you think people have only been arguing his contract and his injury history you haven't been paying attention. They wanted 3 1sts , plus contract, plus injury history. His play and production have also been question with reason. It's declined since his MVP season. It's perfectly logical and good business to question and evaluate why. 

How much do you think it costs to just offer him a contract? 100-250k. There's time and resources you don't just get back. If they feel Baltimore is just going to match it, why do the work for them? Take that effort and time and put it to use making the whole team better. 

There's more to team building and running a franchise than just spending all your resources on a player. You have to be able to put that player in a position to succeed and if you can't do that, you're wasting everyone else's time.  You see this from a fan's perspective. I'm looking at it as a business. That's why we don't agree. 

Looking at it as a business is why we have no franchise QB.

Lamar is worth those picks because that's the price you have to pay for a franchise QB. Sorry you don't like paying the steep price.

Look at is as business is fine. Just don't complain when we are signing non franchise QB's like Carr/Darnold/Mayfield/Bridgewater.

Looking at it as a business is why we can't get the QB position right. Holding onto assets when a franchise QB is actually available is why we are losers in the Tepper era.

Meanwhile a team like the Jets is going for it and trying to get Rodgers who makes them a SB contender. That's how you not look at it as a business.

F them picks!

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Looking at it as a business is why we have no franchise QB.

Lamar is worth those picks because that's the price you have to pay for a franchise QB. Sorry you don't like paying the steep price.

Look at is as business is fine. Just don't complain when we are signing non franchise QB's like Carr/Darnold/Mayfield/Bridgewater.

Looking at it as a business is why we can't get the QB position right. Holding onto assets when a franchise QB is actually available is why we are losers in the Tepper era.

Meanwhile a team like the Jets is going for it and trying to get Rodgers who makes them a SB contender. That's how you not look at it as a business.

F them picks!

It is a business, and one you don't understand.

There are reasons why no team (not just us) is giving him what he wants, and why analysts are calling the Ravens brilliant for what they're doing.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

It is a business, and one you don't understand.

There are reasons why no team (not just us) is giving him what he wants, and why analysts are calling the Ravens brilliant for what they're doing.

Oh look Mr. Scot only shows up when I discuss Lamar.

You guys proving my point. You only come around and troll when I discuss Lamar. All these other topics you're nowhere to be found.

I wasn't even talking to you and you jumped in like you usually do. Go ahead man keep going off. My opinion is not changing. Lamar is a franchise QB and I stand by that.

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Oh look Mr. Scot only shows up when I discuss Lamar.

You guys proving my point. You only come around and troll when I discuss Lamar. All these other topics you're nowhere to be found.

I wasn't even talking to you and you jumped in like you usually do. Go ahead man keep going off. My opinion is not changing. Lamar is a franchise QB and I stand by that.

You don't know football, kid.

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im cool with that. I don't have to take personal shots to make myself feel good.

Sorry I never agree with you. 

Not agreeing with me.is fine.

Not knowing football is fine.

Telling other people your opinion is superior to theirs while clearly demonstrating that you don't know what you're talking about isn't.

Ask questions, learn from the people on here who know more than you, and stop talking like the next caller on an afternoon sports talk show, then things will go a lot better.

2 hours ago, travisura said:

Lmao you know he was referring to Trubisky not Fields. 

of course I did lol, after that comment "guys that look like Levis".

judging a dude by the color of his skin. that's what I didn't want this thread to turn into like I mentioned in the OP. but there it is.

oh and just to reiterate - Fields will be a back up by 2026, book it.

Edited by GOAT

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not agreeing with me.is fine.

Not knowing football is fine.

Telling other people your opinion is superior to theirs while clearly demonstrating that you don't know what you're talking about isn't.

Ask questions, learn from the people on here who know more than you, and stop talking like the next caller on an afternoon sports talk show, then things will go a lot better.

Then why are you constantly on my ass about Lamar?

Why are you only debating me on Lamar?

You jump into others people conversation when it's about Lamar.

You don't want him fine. I do. Nothing is changing so why do you continue to be toxic everyday.

Look at the post history none of this is made up. You have something to say every time I bring up Lamar.

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Then why are you constantly on my ass about Lamar?

Why are you only debating me on Lamar?

You jump into others people conversation when it's about Lamar.

You don't want him fine. I do. Nothing is changing so why do you continue to be toxic everyday.

Look at the post history none of this is made up. You have something to say every time I bring up Lamar.

Kid, Lamar is pretty much all you ever talk about. I'd guess 90-95% of your posts are about him.