• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person: Sense around the league is they’re going up for CJ Stroud

Varking

4 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

Stroud shredded the #1 defense in the nation (Georgia) for 348 yards and 4 TD'S in Georgia's back yard.  

Sounds like a completely unbiased perspective (kidding--Buckeye Homer) I have been afraid of OSU qbs because they always seem to struggle in the NFL--but this one seems different.  I am all in on him--no homo-poker reference--damn, that does not sound right either. 

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

Stroud shredded the #1 defense in the nation (Georgia) for 348 yards and 4 TD'S in Georgia's back yard.  

That's a compelling argument, until you think about the fact that Bryce beat a better Georgia defense in 2021 during their first matchup.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I have been afraid of OSU qbs because they always seem to struggle in the NFL...

That was before Ryan Day.  Urban Meyer called Day the best offensive coordinator he ever had.  Day is a QB coach by trade.  He's the head coach but, make no mistake, he's also the QB coach.  He recruits, coaches, and develops QB'S to play in the NFL.  I'm excited to watch Stroud lead your offense.  You're going to be impressed with Stroud's ridiculous ability to drop balls into precise locations.  

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

I was simply responding to the claim that Stroud only put up good numbers against lesser competition. 

👍

2 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

Stroud's receivers got open and Stroud delivered the ball to them.  If your receivers get open, Stroud will get the ball to them too.  It's not complicated. 

That's true. That's why I loved Hooker's response to a question about him playing in Tennessee's scheme.

3 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

Stroud's receivers got open and Stroud delivered the ball to them.  If your receivers get open, Stroud will get the ball to them too.  It's not complicated. 

No guarantee of that at the NFL level

Just now, Buckeye Homer said:

On another note regarding Stroud, he is very humble, very Christian, and has tremendous character.  

His one weakness is that he's not much of a runner.  As a ball distributor he's lights out.  

I don't care about running. Get the ball to the playmakers.