• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person: Sense around the league is they’re going up for CJ Stroud

Varking

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So Young has a great OL and possibly the 2nd RB drafted this year.  It will be interesting to see where his WRs land when it's all said and done.  He also as the GOAT as his HC which clearly helps (and as an Auburn fan it hurt to type that).  Alabama is never hurting for talent.

Strouds line was better. This isn’t a question. But y’all are right. Let me not be skeptical of Stroud at all because y’all like em.

5 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

Strouds line was better. This isn’t a question. But y’all are right. Let me not be skeptical of Stroud at all because y’all like em.

I’m just saying that same critique applies to Young. It’s perfectly valid criticism. Both schools are powerhouses with loaded rosters. It was nothing personal.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m just saying that same critique applies to Young. It’s perfectly valid criticism. Both schools are powerhouses with loaded rosters. It was nothing personal.

Normally , yes I’d agree, but in my opinion, OSU was much more NFL loaded across the board. But I respect the opinion on the view of it, nothing personal either.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

Let me not be skeptical of Stroud at all because y’all like em.

It's fine to be skeptical. We should be and adjust expectations for either of these QB's we will select. But you are not being consistent. To you it sounds as if one QB is head and shoulders above the other when they are actually fairly close intangibles wise and as passers. But knocking one for playing with a talented team and not the other is simply laughable bud. Just be consistent.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

It's fine to be skeptical. We should be and adjust expectations for either of these QB's we will select. But you are not being consistent. To you it sounds as if one QB is head and shoulders above the other when they are actually fairly close intangibles wise and as passers. But knocking one for playing with a talented team and not the other is simply laughable bud. Just be consistent.

You’re going to honestly say that the talent level in OSU and Bama on the offensive side of the ball was similar, bud?

Just now, Eric4280 said:

You’re going to honestly say that the talent level in OSU and Bama on the offensive side of the ball was similar, bud?

Are you a Bama fan? You'd have to be to have this kind of chip on your shoulder like they've been this scrappy underdog winning with rejects or something. That's still a talented program led by Saban one of the winningest coaches in college football history.

For like 9 years bama had the field covered in talent. Now the last 2, bulldogs have passed them. *And I believe this past year OSU had a talent edge off the once flawless bama gang.

For them to stay at the top for sooo long, one of the most impressive feats in sports. 

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

Are you a Bama fan? You'd have to be to have this kind of chip on your shoulder like they've been this scrappy underdog winning with rejects or something. That's still a talented program led by Saban one of the winningest coaches in college football history.

No lmao, I love college ball without a favorite tbh. Yeah that’s a great program for sure. No doubting it. But I see what Garrett Wilson did with Jets QB play and Olave with Saints qb play. And I just wonder who makes what, ya know? Obviously over ALL of this. I trust the helm whatever they do, I’ll support. As badly as I want Young.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

Stroud shredded the #1 defense in the nation (Georgia) for 348 yards and 4 TD'S in Georgia's back yard.  

Sounds like a completely unbiased perspective (kidding--Buckeye Homer) I have been afraid of OSU qbs because they always seem to struggle in the NFL--but this one seems different.  I am all in on him--no homo-poker reference--damn, that does not sound right either. 

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Buckeye Homer said:

Stroud shredded the #1 defense in the nation (Georgia) for 348 yards and 4 TD'S in Georgia's back yard.  

That's a compelling argument, until you think about the fact that Bryce beat a better Georgia defense in 2021 during their first matchup.

• Pie 1