• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Confused Why Some Seem to Think We Got Fleeced

Daddy_Uncle

13 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

They will have to trade a player me thinks to correct this turn of events. I told you guys that if they trade up they will have a hard time filling the splash wish list. Now it will be even harder without DJ because they will have to find an upgrade for him as well. 

This will not be popular with some but, I think we need to move Chinn for draft capital or a player.  What other team needs a Kam Chancelor type SS?  

Edited by bythenbrs

1 hour ago, bandu said:

yeah & then it's going to be even harder to replace a lot of these guys through the draft  at key positions  on the offensive side of the ball since we have invested into so many draft picks into just one position 

you look at the cost in just draft picks alone that we have invested into finding a Qb over the past two years just since Scott Fitterer has  been GM & it starts with the  Sam Darnold trade with the N.Y. Jets ( x1  2nd round pick & x1 4th round pick & x1 6th round pick ) then after that you draft Matt Corral after making a trade last year at the draft with the New England Patriots to move up from the 4th round back into the 3rd round & so that cost you not just one but two draft picks in the form of a ( x1 3rd round pick & x1 4th round pick) & then you acquire via a trade last year's 2018 #1 overall draft pick Baker Mayfield from the Cleveland Browns for a  ( x1 5th or x1 6th round draft pick to be deyermined later ) l& then  now insert trading up to the #1 overall pick with the Chicago Bears for some unknown in form of a  rookie QB and that cost us what  (x 2 1st round picks & x2 2nd round picks & 25 year old DJ Moore just entering the prime years of his NFL carrer )...

now add all that up& see what it equals.l.just saying

here let's now do the math..

A) x2 first round draft picks

B) x 3 second round draft picks

C) x 1 third round draft pick

D ) x 2 fourth round draft picks

E) x 1 fifth round draft picks

F) x 1  sixth round draft pick

that equals 10 draft picks in just two years at one position alone only to have one unknown commodity left on the roster this upcoming season in the form of a rookie QB to show for it

5 minutes ago, bandu said:

here let's now do the math..

A) x2 first round draft picks

B) x 3 second round draft picks

C) x 1 third round draft pick

D ) x 2 fourth round draft picks

E) x 1 fifth round draft picks

F) x 1  sixth round draft pick

that equals 10 draft picks in just two years at one position alone only to have one unknown commodity left on the roster this upcoming season in the form of a rookie QB to show for it

Well we have to start over after the Rhule disaster.  History is irrelevant 

13 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

They will have to trade a player me thinks to correct this turn of events. I told you guys that if they trade up they will have a hard time filling the splash wish list. Now it will be even harder without DJ because they will have to find an upgrade for him as well. 

You mean like Burns SMH. 

1 hour ago, NAS said:

Well we have to start over after the Rhule disaster.  History is irrelevant 

yeah I agree ...but at the same time you have to think realistically okay then  that this team is not going to win alot of games next year & especially with a rookie Qb starting.

so realistically one would have to think think this team has no better record this season coming up than this past one.sending next year at least a top #5 pick back to the Bears next year possibly even  the #1 overall right back to them

1 minute ago, bandu said:

yeah I agree ...but at the same time you have to think realistically okay then  that this team is not going to win alot of games next year & especially with a rookie Qb starting.

so realistically one would have to think think this team has no better record this season coming up than this past one.sending next year at least a top #5 pick back to the Bears next year possibly even  the #1 overall right back to them

I think the new coaching staff will get the most out of the roster and we’re not done yet. I still expect us to win the NFC South

12 minutes ago, bandu said:

If we end up with a top 5 pick Reich isnt the guy. After FA this roster should be able to compete for the Division unless the Falcons or the Bucs do something wild.

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, stan786 said:

This is pretty incredible, its hard to be that bad at this.

Meh, it's just that "get out in front of a potential disaster" crap that's become a way for wannabe sports reporters to make a name for themselves. 

If Stroud/Young bust, they puff their chest out & strut around, crowing about how brilliant they were to call it.

If Stroud/Young take us to a few Lombardis, everyone will be too happy to remember their poo take & they'll insist they knew this was the right decision all along. 

I saw that poo happen irl with Brady.

Edited by 332nd

16 minutes ago, NAS said:

I think the new coaching staff will get the most out of the roster and we’re not done yet. I still expect us to win the NFC South

meh Reich couldn't win the AFC South with which is probably just as bad division as the NFC South is.

i'm sorry this is the NFL where there are a lot of  good coaches and coaching staffs everywhere you turn.Reich and his crew are way overrated here amongst this fan base & aren't going to just out coach there way out of this problem...

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, bandu said:

meh Reich couldn't win the AFC South with which is probably just as bad division as the NFC South is.

i'm sorry this is the NFL where there are a lot of  good coaches and coaching staffs everywhere you turn.Reich and his crew are way overrated here amongst this fan base & aren't going to just out coach there way out of this problem...

All we need is a step in the right direction. Next year is where we have cap space to build a championship roster 

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Which will be either DE or LB, 100%

I'm not sure I see any scenario where we take something other than WR with our 2nd rounder now.  There isn't an impactful enough FA WR out there to keep me from drafting a WR to grow with the rookie QB.  Even if we can land someone like Hopkins in a trade, unless we also get a Jeudy or someone like that, we need to draft someone with that 2nd rounder.

And seeing as our biggest holes before this trade was already at WR, along with LB and a pass rusher, logic says those positions are likely getting punted into next offseason for a splash move.  They'll hope to hit the lottery again like with Luvu and Reddick, but if not, those positions don't seem likely to be addressed this offseason with long term solutions now.

I think that pick will be very telling, coupled with FA moves. Are they truly trying to develop a young QB, or are they in win-now mode? 

A vet WR and/or TE is essential - along with a strong oline. But will they bring in a young receiving threat to grow with our new QB as well? 

If they draft a pass rusher or a LB in the second, I think they're more in the win-now mode.