• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Legal Tampering Period Opens Today

Smithers

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Basically my point.lol

This division is terrible. Our defense is the best of the bunch. We damn near won the division with Sam Darnold. You telling me it's crazy to think we can't win it with Stroud at QB?

Yup, because a rookie QB is a rookie QB.  He's going to make mistakes.  Unless the Saints take a face plant, they should win the division.  We will probably come in second.

It's like you just stated watching the NFL recently or something.

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Yup, because a rookie QB is a rookie QB.  He's going to make mistakes.  Unless the Saints take a face plant, they should win the division.  We will probably come in second.

That's your opinion.

In my opinion if we get our rookie QB some weapons we will win this division. Im not high on the Saints because they added Derek Carr. Carr is a middle of the pack QB. Brady is out of the division.

We can win this division if our QB gets some weapons.

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I do go to church, but not because I'm scared....irrelevant to the conversation.

Anyway, if we DO happen to win the division it's for the simple fact it's the weakest division in the NFL.  We have the Saints to beat, that's all.  The Bucs and Falcons are in worse shape than we are.

You're backpedaling pretty hard now. I don't give a fug. If we win the division with an all new staff and a promising rookie QB I'mma be up front on this hype train like Choo CHOOOOOOOOOOOO MUTHAFUGGA!!!!

• Beer 1
  • Flames 3

49 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I'm sensing an Allen Lazard type pickup.  Honestly, would rather angle for a trade at WR and draft a TE.  Unless we REALLY want Schultz or Gesicke, don't think we overspend at either spot.  WR FA class is yikes.     

We may be gunning for Dre'mont Jones or if Shaq isn't fully reworked, could sign Okereke and tell him bon voyage.  

I like idea of a vet TE with a rookie QB….wouldn’t have minded Schultz until I saw those 2 huge mental errors at the end of Dallas’ playoff game. Might be putting too much  on that but football IQ especially in big moments matters. I haven’t watched Gesicke much at all but maybe  he’d make   an Olsen-ish jump for us 

22 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Name rookie QBs that have won their division.  I'll wait.  That's a lot of research for such a small list....if you can call it a list.  Let's not go back to the before the 90's, just the past 30-ish years to save you some time.

I’ll help out here :

Brock Purdy (this year), Russell Wilson, Big Ben

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

If the Panthers and Saints swapped rosters and draft picks, would you believe that the Panthers would be front runners to win the division with Derek Carr? I have a feeling you'd believe that the new rookie the Saints were gonna pick would help them win the South. 

I only ask this because you seem to be following the "grass is always greener" logic train.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You're backpedaling pretty hard now. I don't give a fug. If we win the division with an all new staff and a promising rookie QB I'mma be up front on this hype train like Choo CHOOOOOOOOOOOO MUTHAFUGGA!!!!

No backpedaling.  We have one team to beat and they have a complete roster, we don't.  Could it happen? Sure, but HIGHLY unlikely.  About as high as Nuke being the FA savior of the offense.

18 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yup and I thought Tom Brady too, but he took over for an injured Drew Bledsoe in his second year.  The only other one I can think off without getting into the weeds is Dan Marino all the way back in the 80's.

Brock Friggin Purdy baby lol

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hell yeah.. I think a very overlooked part is our coaching staff vs the Saints.  Dennis Allen has always looked like shitake as a head coach. Dude looks like a total prick. 

6 minutes ago, Smithers said:

I’ll help out here :

Brock Purdy (this year), Russell Wilson, Big Ben

Eh, Purdy didn't take over until about 3/4 of the way through the season after Jimmy G. did all the heavy lifting.  He would get an asterisk from me. Wilson has been such a tool lately, I totally blocked him out, lol!   Wilson, Big Ben and Purdy*.  Looooong list indeed. 😀