• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King on the trade

Mr. Scot

20 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

IMO, the only reason we agreed to the trade was including DJ instead of our 2025 first. 21 TD’s over 5 years isn’t spectacular…. just pedestrian, easily replaced. 

We hear this a lot. The problem is in the context.

In DJs 5 years Panther QBs have thrown a whopping 79TDs. The fact that DJ has 21 of those is way above pedestrian. 

Calling DJ pedestrian is lazy and outright wrong.

2 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

We hear this a lot. The problem is in the context.

In DJs 5 years Panther QBs have thrown a whopping 79TDs. The fact that DJ has 21 of those is way above pedestrian. 

Calling DJ pedestrian is lazy and outright wrong.

He was ranked 119th of NFL receivers in YAC, behind Ian Thomas of all people. Guess that’s the QB’s fault as well, right?

25 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

He was ranked 119th of NFL receivers in YAC, behind Ian Thomas of all people. Guess that’s the QB’s fault as well, right?

Now do his entire career. Then do the QBs he has had to play with each year.

And YES, the quality of your QB play has a great deal to do with how much yac your WR gets. C'mon Man.

5 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

Now do his entire career. Then do the QBs he has had to play with each year.

And YES, the quality of your QB play has a great deal to do with how much yac your WR gets. C'mon Man.

I don’t dislike the guy, but his career here was far from spectacular. Certainly not first round production, would you trade a first for him? Not to mention that contract, #1 WR money for # 2 production. Like I said, that’s my opinion and I’ll leave it at that…

4 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

I don’t dislike the guy, but his career here was far from spectacular. Certainly not first round production, would you trade a first for him? Not to mention that contract, #1 WR money for # 2 production. Like I said, that’s my opinion and I’ll leave it at that…

I could be wrong but didn't Carolina turn down a first round pick offer from GB for Moore at the trade deadline?  Based on what I have read the offer from Carolina was a 1st & 2nd in 2025. Chicago wanted Moore or no deal. What he has achieved in 5 seasons (365/5201/21) is nothing short of a miracle, with the QBs throwing to him. Believe me, being a Bears fan, I recognize mediocrity when I see it. Let me remind you:

2018: Newton/Allen/Heinicke

2019: Newton/Allen/Grier

2020: Bridgewater/Walker

2021: Newton/Darnold/Walker

2022: Newton/Darnold/Walker

Not sure if it was calculated, but taking away the best player on Carolina's offense was a brilliant move by Poles. It takes away a security blanket for the rookie QB and hopefully results in a better pick for the Bears in 24. Good luck trying to replace his contribution. Hopefully, Carolina will find a replacement after the 2025 season.

• Beer 1