• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Updates

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, Martin said:

That would make Elijah Moore expendable. He’s going in to his third year. Not sure how good he’s been, hard to tell when you play for the Jets.

He has a hell of a lot of talent, but piss poor QB play and Garrett Wilson becoming the clear #1 has made him almost invisible in that offense. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Wow Darren Waller to Giants for A THIRD ONLY. 

We missed on this one. 

Yes and no

Would have loved to make that trade ourselves, but he's also the highest paid TE in the league.  We could sign Shultz for significantly less I'd think, Gesicki for substantially less for sure.  

Not being in on this trade though means to me that we HAVE to land one of these good pass catching TE's though.

He's also older than you'd have imagined since it took him time to break into the league, he turns 31 a few weeks into the season.  

Edited by tukafan21

40 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Moore posted a kind of an enigmatic tweet about being thankful for a things he didn't get.

With the news that Aaron Rodgers is directing the Jets to try and sign some of his old offensive teammates, there's speculation the Jets might be willing to part with some of their current guys.

Exactly. Also, I think Davis will end up being part of the package going back to GB along with draft compensation. 

Moore showed a lot of promise as a rookie....just have to make sure as you mentioned, that he is a cultural fit. 

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Yes and no

Would have loved to make that trade ourselves, but he's also the highest paid TE in the league.  We could sign Shultz for significantly less I'd think, Gesicki for substantially less for sure.  

Not being in on this trade though means to me that we HAVE to land one of these good pass catching TE's though.

I get this but I think he is a top 3 TE. For $12M and a 3rd I think it's an absolute steal. Pretty sure no dead cap after 2024 season if you needed to move on. 

Also would let us go all in on WR in the draft 

1 minute ago, rebelrouser said:

He only played 9 games last year. Sounds like he is damaged goods to me.  

I honestly wouldn't look at anything the Raider's did last year it was such a cluster. His contract has an easy out after 2024 if I'm reading it correctly. I think a guy like that makes a rookie QB transition so much easier, especially when we have no outside weapons currently.