• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Ricardson Board Work with Steve Mariucci

SaltAndPepper

Cam dragged a mediocre offensive cast (guys who never got drafted) to an undefeated season and national championship. QB wise, he had the best college football season of all time until Joe Burrow.

Anthony Richardson was dogshit the entire year outside of Utah, struggled mightily to beat a literal 1-11 team, and has an offensive roster filled with decent (future mid rounder guys) talent.

AR15 is no CN1. Laziest comparison you could make. Don't let nostalgia blind you.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

He is basically a less polished Trey Lance. So if you liked Lance(which I really did at the time), he is your guy.

If we were in a different spot with the roster(and franchise), he'd be a great Jordan Love-like option to develop over a few years. 

Unfortunately, we don't have that luxury. We need a guy that can play on day one.

Richardson would have looked like a silver spoon if he played in North Dakota.

6 minutes ago, Castavar said:

People need to chill with the Cam comparisons lol

Cam won a JUCO national title. Then went to Auburn, lead them to an undefeated record, winning a national championship (while winning the Heisman) going down as one of the greatest college seasons from a QB ever. Compare that to Richardson lol It's like comparing apples to oranges.

More like comparing Apples from the Garden of Eden to a flaming bag of dogshit

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'm going to be disappointed but not surprised if Richardson's the pick. He'll still be a better pro than Levis, but you gave up a star WR and picks for a guy who likely would've been there at 9. At least one QB falls annually, regardless of teams needing someone at the position. 

God, how Panthers. There's one way to not screw this up and they're desperately looking for an excuse to screw it up.

Absolutely agree - At least the other 2 give us a chance. Spending this on AR-15 who definitely won't start this year, and maybe won't even be ready for another 2 years, if he is even able to live up to his potential (a low chance imo) would not only be an awful decision, it would be Tepper giving 70 mil to Rhule all over again.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, Jaxel said:

Absolutely agree - At least the other 2 give us a chance. Spending this on AR-15 who definitely won't start this year, and maybe won't even be ready for another 2 years, if he is even able to live up to his potential (a low chance imo) would not only be an awful decision, it would be Tepper giving 70 mil to Rhule all over again.

It will 1) make me want Reich and Fitterer fired on draft night, and 2) get Reich and Fitterer fired after Week 18.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'm going to be disappointed but not surprised if Richardson's the pick. He'll still be a better pro than Levis, but you gave up a star WR and picks for a guy who likely would've been there at 9. At least one QB falls annually, regardless of teams needing someone at the position. 

God, how Panthers. There's one way to not screw this up and they're desperately looking for an excuse to screw it up.

Nah Panthers are dumb but this would be an all time blunder. I would be shocked if they took him. Not that shocked but still relatively shocked.

FWIW the guy who has been correct of our last several draft choices (Charlie Cambell) thinks its Bryce Young. He still notes its early though. He's the one to watch.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin

4 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Nah Panthers are dumb but this would be an all time blunder. I would be shocked if they took him. Not that shocked but still relatively shocked.

FWIW the guy who has been correct of our last several draft choices (Charlie Cambell) thinks its Bryce Young. He still notes its early though. He's the one to watch.

Bryce will be a fine pro. Not worthy of the top pick, let alone what the Keystone Kops gave up for it, but at this rate, I'd live with him being the choice simply because it's not an on-brand, completely retarded decision.

That said, Reich loves big quarterbacks. LOVES them. So he's either going against the grain re: his entire coaching history, Stroud's the pick, or Richardson/Will Levis will be wearing a Panthers hat on draft night, this place will crash for a week, and Reich will be an ESPN NFL analyst at this time next year. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

Bryce will be a fine pro. Not worthy of the top pick, let alone what the Keystone Kops gave up for it, but at this rate, I'd live with him being the choice simply because it's not an on-brand, completely retarded decision.

That said, Reich loves big quarterbacks. LOVES them. So he's either going against the grain re: his entire coaching history, Stroud's the pick, or Richardson/Will Levis will be wearing a Panthers hat on draft night, this place will crash for a week, and Reich will be an ESPN NFL analyst at this time next year. 

Yeah I've been on the Stroud train since Tepper decided to bring back Rhule and if Goodell announces Young's name 1st overall I'll still breathe a sigh of relief lol

• Pie 1

I hated that god damn trade because DJ Moore was given away, but also because I have no faith in the front office to pick the right player that could justify such a trade. On paper, take an average NFL team, make that deal and I'd think "well you gotta give up something good to get something good," but Scott Fitterer's entire tenure has been based around one thing:

Give up something good, and get something bad.

8 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

To be fair to Reich, it's not likes he's ever drafted his own QB. So we hear he likes big QB's, but everything i've heard is that besides Carson Wentz - he was forced to have the QBs he got. I'll be interested to see what he does getting to pick his own Rookie.

Just now, Jaxel said:

To be fair to Reich, it's not likes he's ever drafted his own QB. So we hear he likes big QB's, but everything i've heard is that besides Carson Wentz - he was forced to have the QBs he got. I'll be interested to see what he does getting to pick his own Rookie.

From the sounds of the hierarchy of the power inside the building Reich may not have final say on which qb is taken. Having said that it's hard for me to see them not letting him have a huge say in which one that is. But ultimately if there is disagreement between Frank and Scott I think Scott and Tepper make the call. That's just how I see it playing out.

28 minutes ago, Floppin said:

I was absolutely OK, even excited with the idea of the Panthers taking Richardson with pick 9. They would be supremely stupid to take him at with the first pick. Baring a trade down scenario, I don't think there's any way that Richardson is the pick.

That's where I was, too. At 9, even 7, Richardson was a solid gamble.