• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More from Albert Breer

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Yep, I presume they know exactly who they want.  I mean, big picture, that's exactly what Scott said.  If they move to 1, it's because they have the conviction they found their guy.  Being first, we can just f*ck with everyone now.  

Many in the media cannot see the forest for the trees; or well, it's inherent not to and garner more speculation and story.    

Common quote I've seen says that they have "conviction" on two guys. 

And honestly, that's not really hard to believe.

I know some folks get triggered by the idea that we might like more than one (not sure why) but it's really not farfetched.

Nor do I discount the idea that after all the pro days, interviews and such are completed they could like three.

Options are not a bad thing, and frankly I'm not sure why people would have a negative opinion of them exhausting every possible resource to make sure they get the right answer.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I know some folks get triggered by the idea that we might like more than one (not sure why) but it's really not farfetched.

Nor do I discount the idea that after all the pro days, interviews and such are completed they could like three.

Options are not a bad thing.

Actually, it's scientifically proven that the more options you have the greater your buyers remorse is once you've gotten your product. They should absolutely have conviction that one is head and heals above there other to make the move they did.

Edited by Jaxel

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Options are not a bad thing.

Yep, not at all, fair assumption it could be 2. 

Interesting dynamic having two you like that much but no apparent frontrunner.  Pro days are going to be funnn

16 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Everyone’s going to freak if its AR or Levis because “we could have stayed put at 9” but based on how they’re moving I don’t think the folks on staff agree. Missing out on a top QB was their worst case scenario and this was the only way they could insure that wouldn’t happen. 

The idea that who is projected #1, #2 or whatever can't possibly change between now and the draft is kind of silly.

Look what happened in the wake of Zach Wilson's pro day.

2 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Actually, it's scientifically proven that the more options you have the greater your buyers remorse is once you've gotten your product. They should absolutely have conviction that one is head and heals above there other to make the move they did.

Something tells me that as long as they win with whoever they pick, they're not gonna give a sh-t how the other guys are doing.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just hope the football guys get their choice. Tepper needs to realize he hired these guys to do the job, now GTFO of their way and let them do the job. If they fug it up, fire them. But let them do the job you hired them to do.

As big a Tepper critic as I am, If we're being honest that's exactly what he's done this season...so far at least.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Frank Reich has worked with larger sized QBs in the past who are accurate and have the NFL smarts. CJ Stroud has those traits right now, Bryce Young is also just a total baller in a smaller package. Reich also is a very outspoken man of faith and Stroud is that as well as being the son of a preacher. Bryce Young is also an outspoken man of faith, I can see us going with either guy from Reich's perspective. I really do think it's just going to come down to Stroud's size being the deciding factor.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, MechaZain said:

They’re definitely doing controlled leaks. I just don’t see a point in the trade down smokescreen if we really are down to the top 2 QBs.

I mean there's never really any point in 1st overall pick smokescreens that happen every year except as posted above to drive interest/intrigue from fans or to just mess with other teams' heads and try to get them to panic or do something stupid. Even when the pick could not be any more obvious (i.e. Lawrence to the Jags) there are still reports and smokescreens about it possibly being someone else or a trade down, etc.

9 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Could we theoretically pick after the pro days and have whoever it is come in/learn the playbook before the draft?

They used to announce picks (like Colts came out and said a week before the 2012 draft that they are picking Andrew Luck) before the draft but NFL shut it down because they have to get ratings. And no,  before they are drafted they are not part of the team so that is considered tampering.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 2

I think a lot of this trade down talk is aimed at Indy feeling the pressure to get their guy at QB, while we're talking ourselves into Levis who is likely someone Reich would feel comfortable taking on for his offense. They want to see if they can get Indy to freak out and offer 35 for the jump down to 4. If they do, we can probably really shore up our all purpose HB and WR positions while adding Levis and recouping some of the cost of moving up. I don't think anyone jumps to 3 for Levis, but maybe they do for AR. If it goes Young/Stroud in some form at 1 and 2, that 3 pick might look good for AR and if it doesn't then he starts sliding a bit. If 3rd pick goes Anderson Jr. or another non-QB, we've got AR and Levis there at 4th because we put our biggest road block to having them both available in front of us by moving Indy around. If our group is certain the 3rd pick is not going to change hands, they have their pick of Levis and AR. If they don't, they still get Levis at 4th with all probability. The fact people have said 3rd overall is a tough spot to move up and would cost nearly as much as 1st makes me believe they're locked on someone, so if you want a Top QB in this draft, all options run through us. 

• Beer 1

Just now, SameDamnThing said:

I think a lot of this trade down talk is aimed at Indy feeling the pressure to get their guy at QB, while we're talking ourselves into Levis who is likely someone Reich would feel comfortable taking on for his offense. They want to see if they can get Indy to freak out and offer 35 for the jump down to 4. If they do, we can probably really shore up our all purpose HB and WR positions while adding Levis and recouping some of the cost of moving up. I don't think anyone jumps to 3 for Levis, but maybe they do for AR. If it goes Young/Stroud in some form at 1 and 2, that 3 pick might look good for AR and if it doesn't then he starts sliding a bit. If 3rd pick goes Anderson Jr. or another non-QB, we've got AR and Levis there at 4th because we put our biggest road block to having them both available in front of us by moving Indy around. If our group is certain the 3rd pick is not going to change hands, they have their pick of Levis and AR. If they don't, they still get Levis at 4th with all probability. The fact people have said 3rd overall is a tough spot to move up and would cost nearly as much as 1st makes me believe they're locked on someone, so if you want a Top QB in this draft, all options run through us. 

Dane Brugler mentioned Levis as someone Frank Reich "really likes".