• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers to sign Miles Sanders

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, csx said:

If you want to have a good laugh take a look at the "star" he's using to base his entire debate on. Read how it was created.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/next-gen-stats-intro-to-expected-rushing-yards

Then look at what it suggest about various running backs if you use it for comparison

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/rushing#yards

"stat" 

I really hate the edit window 

11 minutes ago, csx said:

That was an opinion. He was debating your opinion. That's not taking offense.

Exactly two days ago no one on this entire board would be calling Miles Sanders an elite RB or a target in free agency. 

Last offseason the Philly media wanted to move on from him becuase he was declining. Philly had an incredible year and Miles had a good year, but Miles didn't really improve as a pass catcher and there was a lot less attention on him with all of Philly's weapons.

As I said on page 2 or so of this thread, I like the signing and he can be a #1 back for us, but then when I saw the money, I thought we overpaid by quite a bit. 4/25 is a lot of money for someone like him. But hopefully there's an out after this year or next in case he doesn't live up to expectations.

I'm guessing we paid 20-30% above market value to get him to come here over stay in Philly

5 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Exactly two days ago no one on this entire board would be calling Miles Sanders an elite RB or a target in free agency. 

Last offseason the Philly media wanted to move on from him becuase he was declining. Philly had an incredible year and Miles had a good year, but Miles didn't really improve as a pass catcher and there was a lot less attention on him with all of Philly's weapons.

As I said on page 2 or so of this thread, I like the signing and he can be a #1 back for us, but then when I saw the money, I thought we overpaid by quite a bit. 4/25 is a lot of money for someone like him. But hopefully there's an out after this year or next in case he doesn't live up to expectations.

I'm guessing we paid 20-30% above market value to get him to come here over stay in Philly

Actually several guys on here had been talking about Sanders and hoping he signed here.

Opinions are not facts.

10 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

It's below spotrac's market value projection but a longer contract.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/miles-sanders-29089/market-value/

I don't believe they needed to outbid the eagles.

16 hours ago, heel31ok said:

We are not near as good as philly's o-line

Which is elite enough to take the loss of

Sanders in stride.

Well, Foreman went to Chicago so moot point. I honestly think they just upgraded in losing Montgomery and getting Foreman so it will be interesting. If Fields can take the next step and play more consistent ball, the Bears could be a dark horse for the NFC North this year. Could be a dark horse to make noise in the NFC, period.