• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What does Fitt do at WR?

CamWhoaaCam

Fitt pretty much did as good of a job as he could given the limited cap space we had. Im still shocked he's making legit signings at this stage of FA. Im liking the way this roster is shaping up. Obviously the #1 need now is a legit WR. This team will be legit if he manages to get a #1 WR.

Do you think Fitt pulls off some magic and lands a #1 WR for his shiny new rookie QB?

• Beer 1

I'm starting to think he's going to try and trade for someone like Hopkins, Sutton or Jeudy, it's really the only thing that would make sense at this point.

No matter how good of an OL and RB you give to a rookie QB, he needs to have a legitimate #1 WR to throw to or you risk hurting his early development.  While not clear #1's, I think guys like Juju or Jakobi would have been good enough to be a rookie's #1, especially with a WR in the 2nd round and TMJ as the #3.

To spend the money we've spent so far and not get a deal done with someone like that, have to think he's targeting someone in a trade.

• Pie 2

Just now, tukafan21 said:

I'm starting to think he's going to try and trade for someone like Hopkins, Sutton or Jeudy, it's really the only thing that would make sense at this point.

No matter how good of an OL and RB you give to a rookie QB, he needs to have a legitimate #1 WR to throw to or you risk hurting his early development.  While not clear #1's, I think guys like Juju or Jakobi would have been good enough to be a rookie's #1, especially with a WR in the 2nd round and TMJ as the #3.

To spend the money we've spent so far and not get a deal done with someone like that, have to think he's targeting someone in a trade.

Yep I been saying if we can get Hopkins or either Sutton or Jeudy we are back in business.

Hopkins we know is a #1.

Sutton/Jeudy both still have #1 WR potential. 

Going to be interesting to see what he pulls off.

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Who you like in the draft?

I’d love Flowers but he’s going to be gone I think by 39. So probably Downs or Hyatt. If someone falls and we go another direction maybe Tank Dell in the 3rd. He could also be the return man of the future. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

Get a solid #2 Wr then draft one at 39. Then go after a big name next year when all the dead cap money can be spent.

That can be the backup plan, but bringing in a #1 this year and drafting someone else with the 2nd makes way more sense, and here's why........

First is just that having a true #1 for a rookie QB is best for their development.  It will also then get #1 corners and double coverage off of TMJ, if he's really our best receiving option next year, teams are going to take that away from a rookie QB and make him throw to Laviska and a 2nd round rookie WR.  

If TMJ balls out this year, we're going to need to give him a solid contract next year before he goes into his last year of his deal.  If he doesn't have a good year and show he can be a legit starting WR, then we can sign someone in FA.

Either way, we're spending money on WR next year with that cap room regardless, but getting a #1 in here this year will also allow us to better evaluate TMJ, help the development of the QB, and make it so we don't have to spend on 2 WRs next offseason.

• Pie 2