• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would you trade for Tee Higgins?

CamWhoaaCam

#39 without hesitation. #39 and Chinn... I mean, I'd consider it. I'd probably ask for something to come back my way for that but I'd consider it.

I've seen the effects of drafting a stud QB at #1 overall then failing to surround him with an adequate supporting cast. I don't care to repeat it.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

Nothing. We are not going to be in a position to really make noise in the playoffs for a couple of years. Dont sabotage the build for a quick fix. Use our picks, only trade pics to move up and down. No more trades

How is a 24yo fringe top 30 WR a quick fix? that's WR1 for many teams. He is entering his prime.

who are you drafting with pick 39 that's fringe top 30 WR this year or next?

3 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

How is a 24yo fringe top 30 WR a quick fix? that's WR1 for many teams. He is entering his prime.

Well, you also have the cap hit to worry about. You draft rookies, and play them, because their piece of the salary cap pie is much less than you'd otherwise pay. We could sign Chark who has proven himself to be a very good NFL receiver as well, pay quite a bit less, and not give up any draft picks in the process.

So no, I'm good. 

47 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

Tee Higgins will be there in Cincy this year and prob next. They can probably afford the Tag with both Chase and Burrow on rookie deals. Better chances are getting Boyd who could be a #2 for a 5th rounder.

Ppl don't realize that Bengals is ran like a small family business.

They barely have the money to put in escroc for Burrow's contract. Poors can't afford luxuries and at this time, Higgins is just that for them.

they will absolutely trade him. The only question is when.

2 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Well, you also have the cap hit to worry about. You draft rookies, and play them, because their piece of the salary cap pie is much less than you'd otherwise pay. We could sign Chark who has proven himself to be a very good NFL receiver as well, pay quite a bit less, and not give up any draft picks in the process.

So no, I'm good. 

Chark lives in the medical tent. There is a reason Detroit is not signing him back.

as far as cap, we can borrow on next years. When teams want a player, there is always a way. The saints found a way to sign Carr...

22 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

Nothing. We are not going to be in a position to really make noise in the playoffs for a couple of years. Dont sabotage the build for a quick fix. Use our picks, only trade pics to move up and down. No more trades

So who will our rookie QB throw to?

How is adding a 26 year old #1 WR a bad thing for us?

10 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

Because Cincy isn't taking our 39 for Higgins. We would have to add more pics or someone like Chinn who is going to be a star in this defense. Everyone needs to quit acting like this is Madden. Use the draft

• Beer 1

I'd give up pick #39 for Higgins absolutely, but no more, b/c as other people have mentioned, you have to pay him.

That being said, I've reconciled myself to the fact we probably aren't going to be able to sign a true WR1 until next offseason.

21 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

This is why we have the Draft and the same teams keep picking high. 

1 hour ago, Seltzer said:

I'd give up pick #39 for Higgins absolutely, but no more, b/c as other people have mentioned, you have to pay him.

That being said, I've reconciled myself to the fact we probably aren't going to be able to sign a true WR1 until next offseason.

Is a #1 WR even available next year?