• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Realstic Options Given Remaining Cap Space???

Hoenheim

What do you think are some reasltic numbers we could throw at a WR given what we have left here? The only thing that's throwing me off is this isn't including Shaq Thompson rework idk why. But just looking at things right now we have 17 mil in cap. How much of that goes to draft picks? 🤔  if it's 10 mil or so we only have 7 mil left without that Shaq rework deal.

Shaq making a whopping 24.5 mil against the cap on the last year of this deal this year, I can see anyway for 2023. No idea what to expect of how much what I assume is an extension would clear up this season 🤔 but it looks like a huge factor here.

Maybe we'll have between 10 and 20 mil to work with. Is that enough to give a decent sized contract to a big name or a solid contract otherwise for WR? If so to who? 

Screenshot_20230318_232005_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230318_231811_Chrome.jpg

• Pie 1

Part of me just wishes we would just eat Shaq Contract and use the remaining money for a decent WR. Because I'd be looking to preserve as much cap for next season as possible. Looks like there's a poo ton of space for 2024 currently.

Looks like 117 mil in space and that's  without even touching some big inflated numbers like Donte and Motons contracts. I guess signing rookies and other players and extending Shaq will make that number go down a bit but still thats a lot of space.

Screenshot_20230318_233503_Chrome.jpg

21 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

What do you think are some reasltic numbers we could throw at a WR given what we have left here? The only thing that's throwing me off is this isn't including Shaq Thompson rework idk why. But just looking at things right now we have 17 mil in cap. How much of that goes to draft picks? 🤔  if it's 10 mil or so we only have 7 mil left without that Shaq rework deal.

Shaq making a whopping 24.5 mil against the cap on the last year of this deal this year, I can see anyway for 2023. No idea what to expect of how much what I assume is an extension would clear up this season 🤔 but it looks like a huge factor here.

Maybe we'll have between 10 and 20 mil to work with. Is that enough to give a decent sized contract to a big name or a solid contract otherwise for WR? If so to who? 

Screenshot_20230318_232005_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230318_231811_Chrome.jpg

WR - Zach Pascal, Mack Hollins 

Edge - Ben Benogu 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

No not yet 

I feel like Shaq gets extended to ridiculous numbers so often lol. His last year in Carolina will have a 50 mil cap hit at the rate they're going 🤣 🤣 

They should've just ate the cap hit and let him walk after next year and stop compounding the problem 😒 

Edited by Hoenheim

4 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

. How much of that goes to draft picks? 🤔  if it's 10 mil or so we only have 7 mil left without that Shaq rework deal.

It looks like we will need 12.6 million for the draft. Factoring that in, we don’t have much available without knowing the Shaq numbers. But certainly still enough to get someone.

3F126086-E4D5-4E8F-A0C1-9E6AFBB555A2.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

It looks like we will need 12.6 million for the draft. Factoring that in, we don’t have much available without knowing the Shaq numbers. But certainly still enough to get someone.

3F126086-E4D5-4E8F-A0C1-9E6AFBB555A2.jpeg

That's almost all of the remaining cap lol. That Shaq rework is going to be critical apparently 

• Pie 1

I think they agreed to an overall figure with shaq and he was cool with however we structured it as long as he gets that amount after the 2 years was completed. He was cool with giving us the flexibility of not putting it set in stone so that we can add free agents.