• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich/Fitterer noon press conference

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

I really wouldn’t read much into these answers. Scott isn’t going to reveal much and knows other teams may be watching 

I don’t think for a second they’ll trade back but if Scott still wants to play this ridiculous trade back game he’s obviously going to give answers that would make you think they want Young 

He has the #1 pick.  He doesn’t need to care about revealing anything.  He definitely won’t move down unless it’s Houston and even then I highly doubt it

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

Just now, TF330 said:

you're twisting that dramatically to fit some narrative of bryce young, I watched it too and every question relating to bryce young or height was brough up by the media, not by scott. 

he said looking for a leader, someone who treats people well, someone who can get them in and out of a huddle, and someone who has put on good tape.

he also doubled down on the whole "you better be convicted if you move up" that he said well before the combine

1 minute ago, TF330 said:

you're twisting that dramatically to fit some narrative of bryce young, I watched it too and every question relating to bryce young or height was brough up by the media, not by scott. 

he said looking for a leader, someone who treats people well, someone who can get them in and out of a huddle, and someone who has put on good tape.

lol twisting a narrative? I'm good with Stroud or Young. He just described Young as a player and went so far to say the combine and pro day don't matter...it could be a smokescreen but I'm not twisting a narrative. Anyone with half a brain can tell he's describing Bryce Young.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, therealmjl said:

he also doubled down on the whole "you better be convicted if you move up" that he said well before the combine

okay but how does that signal young lmao? It sounds like you want young so you're taking fitt's words to mean that but watching it very objectively, it was purely GM speak where he didn't want to show his hand and he talked up every potential option whether through draft or FA that was there

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

He has the #1 pick.  He doesn’t need to care about revealing anything.  He definitely won’t move down unless it’s Houston and even then I highly doubt it

You are so clueless it hurts

If they want Stroud (which most people believe they do) then he needs to convince people he’s taking Young but open to reading back to 2 so Houston can take Young

Yes, the game they’re playing is pointless and it’s not what I would’ve done but they’re doing it

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

lol twisting a narrative? I'm good with Stroud or Young. He just described Young as a player and went so far to say the combine and pro day don't matter...it could be a smokescreen but I'm not twisting a narrative. Anyone with half a brain can tell he's describing Bryce Young.

That is legit narrative twisting.

Just now, TF330 said:

okay but how does that signal young lmao? It sounds like you want young so you're taking fitt's words to mean that but watching it very objectively, it was purely GM speak where he didn't want to show his hand and he talked up every potential option whether through draft or FA that was there

He has the number 1 pick. Why does he care if he shows his hand? You don't trade up and also trade a proven player like a DJ Moore if you don't know exactly who you are going after. Not everything has to be some mysterious plot twisting devious move. It's quite simple.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TF330 said:

You’ve lost it. They may draft Stroud over Young, who knows, but the QB he described today was Bryce Young more than any other QB in this draft and to argue otherwise is pretty ridiculous.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

I mean 1 reporter asked about height and mentioned an "alabama qb" so fitt answered

another reporter asked about russell wilson and his height,  and he answered that question

reporters were clearly trying to dig to see if height mattered but just ebcause a reporter didn't ask about cj stroud doesn't mean he isn't the guy. you're saying we're picking young based on responses to questions driven by the media, not based on actual information provided by our staff. do you see my point? 

he's never going to down talk a potential recruit and he's not ready to come out and say who we're getting so his answers are dictated by the questions being asked

anyone with half a brain cell can tell that

Edited by TF330

Just now, TF330 said:

I mean 1 reporter asked about height and mentioned an "alabama qb" so fitt answered

another reporter asked about russell wilson and his height,  and he answered that question

reporters were clearly trying to dig to see if height mattered but just ebcause a reporter didn't ask about cj stroud doesn't mean he isn't the guy. you're saying we're picking young based on responses to questions driven by the media, not based on actual information provided by our staff

ok bud!

Tin Foil Tinfoil Hat GIF

Just now, WUnderhill said:

You’ve lost it. They may draft Stroud over Young, who knows, but the QB he described today was Bryce Young more than any other QB in this draft and to argue otherwise is pretty ridiculous.

So far, I think they are going Bryce as well.

Time will tell.