• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Panthers QB Cam Newton to be throwing at Auburn's Pro Day

Saca312

57 minutes ago, Car123 said:

If Cam had Daltons personality, he wouldn’t have won the Heisman and MVP.

more like if he had Drew Brees's accuracy he would have been unstoppable and possibly the most dangerous QB we have seen

Edited by Barney
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, Barney said:

Amazing to me that the people who don't laud compliments on Cam and totally agree with the the folks that believe he was the greatest are called haters and implications immediately made of why they don't feel that way.  If you think he was the greatest more power to you.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion without it being something else.  

Why is it either “haters” or “believe he was the greatest” with you? Truth is in the middle. 

Your description of Cam a few posts back sounds more like a description of early Vick or Vince Young than Cam. 

Cam wouldn’t have been the player he was if he didn’t perform from the pocket too. He wasn’t a one trick pony. He wasn’t elite if he was only a pocket QB, but he was good/very good, and combined with his legs, the total combination was elite. 

What really got me with your post is your hypothetical about “even if he didn’t get hurt”…but let’s be real: 

If he didn’t get hurt, we aren’t having this conversation. Chances are, he’d still be QB, we would have never went through Rhule hell. You act like he lost his athleticism, but a 34 year old Cam is more athletic today than most QB’s in the league. 

And he was having a career year in 2018 with completion percentage near 68% before he was hurt. 

I just don’t get making things up. Maybe it’s a coping mechanism because let’s face it: we had a legit franchise QB, and it was taken away from us. That poo hurts. It always will.

Let’s hope Stroud or whoever can help us move on and have some hope again. 

1 minute ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Why is it either “haters” or “believe he was the greatest” with you? Truth is in the middle. 

Your description of Cam a few posts back sounds more like a description of early Vick or Vince Young than Cam. 

Cam wouldn’t have been the player he was if he didn’t perform from the pocket too. He wasn’t a one trick pony. He wasn’t elite if he was only a pocket QB, but he was good/very good, and combined with his legs, the total combination was elite. 

What really got me with your post is your hypothetical about “even if he didn’t get hurt”…but let’s be real: 

If he didn’t get hurt, we aren’t having this conversation. Chances are, he’d still be QB, we would have never went through Rhule hell. You act like he lost his athleticism, but a 34 year old Cam is more athletic today than most QB’s in the league. 

And he was having a career year in 2018 with completion percentage near 68% before he was hurt. 

I just don’t get making things up. Maybe it’s a coping mechanism because let’s face it: we had a legit franchise QB, and it was taken away from us. That poo hurts. It always will.

Let’s hope Stroud or whoever can help us move on and have some hope again. 

I was responding to the people that call anyone who points out any flaws Cam has as haters.  You are right it is somewhere in the middle and I think that is where Cam falls as well.   Everyone points to 2018, but ignore 59.2% in 2017, 52.9% in 16 and 59.87% in 15.  He was not among the best passers in the league in his era.  Career 59.9% when looking at the entire body of work.  First 8 years in the league he only crossed 60% 2 times until 2018.  193 TD's to 123 int's for his career, but let's not let stats get in the way.  I was giving the benefit of the doubt because I don't know what would have happened if he did not hurt his shoulder and had matured a little more, but the body of work prior was not great from a passing standpoint.