• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who would you pick just based off this information and why? There's Five choices, A-E

jayboogieman

A and B have the most glowing reviews of those reports. 

I  think I understand your plight and may be wrong but if you’re trying to get someone to have some epiphany and decide they all of a sudden like Young when the only reason they didn’t like him was his size, I don’t think you’re  changing anyone’s mind.

I personally like Stroud and Young and am happy as hell one of them will likely be our QB and to know they were the coaching staffs first choice not just the best of what was left, makes it even better.

My biggest knock on Young isn’t his size but rather all the throws I see behind or shortly beyond the line of scrimmage. I’d like to have seen him go downfield more often. However that just seems to be him playing the game the way his coaches wanted him to.

The biggest concern I have about Stroud is what I’m not smart enough to know/ have the privilege of knowing. Can he read a defense and accurately make adjustments, and do all the things required at the NFL level  that isn’t required of him now.

Lastly, both there’s kids are only 21 Years old. They will play more football in the NFL than they’ve played in totality of their life so far. There’s so many intangibles that could change the course of these kids paths and we don’t have the first clue or access on how to get a read on that. 

I trust the front office/coaching staff as long as they don’t Levis. 

Edited by panther4life

2 minutes ago, panther4life said:

I  think I understand your plight and may be wrong but if you’re trying to get someone to have some epiphany and decide they all of a sudden like Young when the only reason they didn’t like him was his size, I don’t think you’re  changing anyone’s mind.

Nah, it's not about changing anyone's mind. That's impossible these days. I admit to being curious what people would say with just a little information vs complete profiles.

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

And what if I had told you that was Stetson Bennett or Holton Ahlers before the spoilsports entered the thread?

1648226209503.jpg.5e79ceb0d2e7f87501d8eb72fc74e9e3.jpg

I would have dug deep in the meme folder to find the right favor..... pepe would have likely been the choice. I need to get my ahlers memeing game better, its severely lacking. 

7 minutes ago, Basbear said:

1648226209503.jpg.5e79ceb0d2e7f87501d8eb72fc74e9e3.jpg

I would have dug deep in the meme folder to find the right favor..... pepe would have likely been the choice. I need to get my ahlers memeing game better, its severely lacking. 

Marty Mcfly Jennifer GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Never slack on the Ahlers memes! Sadly, the site didn't have a complete Ahlers profile.

• Beer 1

A.  It's obvious who these profiles are for, by now everyone has seen countless youtubes on all the prospects and knows their strengths and weaknesses by now.  

The reason I like Stroud more than Young is more than just size.  He has a better arm, better accuracy, can throw different velocities for different situations,  makes quick reads, perfect mechanics, and really good mobility within the pocket. I feel like it's more important to be able to navigate the pocket than to be able to roll out and make things happen, where you are limited to half the field. Russell Wilson would piss me off when he'd make these lucky ass throws, but Brady would piss me off more cause he could navigate the pocket and hit his recievers so quickly.

Edited by jfra78

I mean I can appreciate the effort but what we are even doing here taking out a key aspect of the evaluation process and ultimately the final decision? If you're taking size out of the equation for one prospect why stop there why not take something out to favor others as well? With that logic we could possibly talk ourselves into Richardson and maybe even Levis. Let's just agree we all wish it were late April already.

• Pie 1