• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is why Bryce Young undoubtedly is QB1

Ivory Panther

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

The difference of size in Mahomes/Rodgers and Brees is very close to the difference in Brees and Young.  About 2 inches and 15 pounds.  Doesn't seem like much but it is definitely something to think about.

He was the furthest off of the three I mentioned for sure. Still think Young will end up playing around 215. 

21 minutes ago, Varking said:

Much less worries about a dude who can bulk up to 220-225 and seem like a good sized QB in the NFL vs the kid who put on water weight just to hit 200 and run no drills and then not reweigh at the pro day. I don’t know if Young’s frame can handle 215. Bama is world class weight rooms and facilities and he played at 185 most of his career. 

Okay, but what does weighing in at 220-225 have to do with injuring your AC joint? I can get on board with getting hit overtime causing Bryce to break down faster, but I hitting/injuring your AC joint isn’t going to change if you weigh 185 or 220. If you get hit by say the same 295lb guy and land on your shoulder, it’s going to be injured if you’re 185 or 220… 

33 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I haven't seen anyone say Young never got injured, though I may have missed the posts.

But for everyone harping on Young's injury, should they not be worried about Stroud's from two years ago? It was the same type of injury after all.

There were people saying Young played against SEC defenses without getting injured so he will be fine in the NFL. It was just misinformation as he was injured this season and missed a game.

8 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

For the record they reckon Bruce Lee was 145lbs - and even then in his most famous fight scene irl he'd have got destroyed by Chuck Norris due to the size difference.

Maybe, maybe not. Even Chuck has always been coy about what would have happened if they really fought. That said, Chuck has long praised Lee for his speed, agility, and strength.

2 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

He was the furthest off of the three I mentioned for sure. Still think Young will end up playing around 215. 

If he can bulk up that big and keep his speed and quickness it will go a long way to lengthen his career. If his actually playing weight is 185, 30 pounds is a lot to add to a 5’10 thin frame though. 

11 minutes ago, Varking said:

This makes sense for dudes not going up against other dudes who run as fast or faster than you and weigh 260+. At 190 ( and I think Young plays at 180-185 ) that’s a dude 70 pounds heavier than you being able to put all their weight on you when you aren’t ready for it…it’s serious cause for concern. 

Young is a stud. He dominated in college. When he steps foot on the NFL fields though come week 1 he’s going to be the smallest framed player on the field every week unless folks have an old school kicker that weighs 170 lol. 

Bigger muscles/mass does not always mean better. Here, maybe this article/blog can explain the muscle thing.

I've come to the conclusion that I have to put Young ahead of Stroud. When I was Stroud's games there's too many instances where I feel like his downsides won't be able to be masked or addressed in the NFL. On the other hand, when I'm watching Young play the only question I have is his size.

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If he can bulk up that big and keep his speed and quickness it will go a long way to lengthen his career. If his actually playing weight is 185, 30 pounds is a lot to add to a 5’10 thin frame though. 

185 won’t be his actual playing weight as a grown man. He’s 21 years old and has already shown he can weigh 204 fairly easy. 

• Pie 1