• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is why Bryce Young undoubtedly is QB1

Ivory Panther

3 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Like I said before, and I will say it again. If he is was at least 3 inches taller and 20lbs heavier I’d be all for it. But something tells me the reason he wouldn’t weigh in today was because he was under 200lbs. 

size is a legitimate concern. 

100%

I don't think people understand how easy it would have been for him to add a lot of weight for that combine weigh in.

He could have spent the 20 minutes before being weighed just chugging water non-stop and put on literally 10 lbs in just those 20 minutes before being weighed in.  Lots of MMA fighters generally put on about 15-20 lbs in the 24 hours of being weighed in and stepping into the cage.

That's not because they eat a ton of food and put weight back on, but because they starve their body of water leading into a weigh in and then put it back on just from fluids alone.  The same thing can be done in reverse, which is absolutely what I think he did, there's no way he's 10 lbs lighter than Stroud like they weighed in at the combine, just looking at them you can see that's not the case.

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

That's the only thing that I can see making him the pick over Stroud. After watching both pro days back to back, CJ's throws just look effortless and super accurate, it looked like he was barely trying. I think Reich and Co can get the best out of either one they chose, I like CJ more, but wont be upset if its Young come draft day.

3 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

Bryce took many “illegal” shots in the SEC & stayed relatively healthy. NFL is bigger, but we know he took many…

My thing is, I can’t pass on better talent due to potential durability issues. Nobody knows if CJ, AR, Levis, burrow etc…

what if he never gets hurt? What if we take someone else who gets hurt. 

Yea, and Cam took a ton of hits, both legal and illegal, in college and in the NFL, and his body still broke down in less than 10 years even though he was bigger than most of the defenders hitting him.

It's not a matter of being concerned about Young breaking down in his first year or two, it's how is his body going to last after 5, 6, 7, 8, etc years in the league?

He doesn't have a frame that is built to last, I'd rather have the guy who could play 12-15 years than the guy I can't see even making it to year 5 without missing significant chunks of time.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 3

8 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Like I said before, and I will say it again. If he is was at least 3 inches taller and 20lbs heavier I’d be all for it. But something tells me the reason he wouldn’t weigh in today was because he was under 200lbs. 

size is a legitimate concern. 

Size such a concern that he more than likely manipulated his weight at the combine and didn't weigh in on his Pro Day.  If it held no "weight" (pun intended) he would have simply weighed in again today.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

What other small, blue chip QBs, with similar measurables to Bryce Young, didn't make it through their first few years in the NFL?

People talking about his size being an issue as if there's some mountain of evidence of this, when it all boils down to most of you just repeating what you've heard others say. 

• Pie 5

4 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

Bryce took many “illegal” shots in the SEC & stayed relatively healthy. NFL is bigger, but we know he took many…

My thing is, I can’t pass on better talent due to potential durability issues. Nobody knows if CJ, AR, Levis, burrow etc…

what if he never gets hurt? What if we take someone else who gets hurt. 

Did he not injure his throwing should last year?