• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar Jackson requests trade

TheSpecialJuan

4 minutes ago, tecc86 said:

I mean not really? Teams could offer him a huge contract and Baltimore had every chance to match it, this makes it very clear he does not want to be in Baltimore anymore.

Lol so you think Baltimore was going to match more than what they already offered him? Or do you think he’s now willing to take less money and wants to force Baltimore not to match, even though he has said the reason he is requesting the trade is because Baltimore isn’t offering him enough money?

He’s an idiot.

I find the Ravens vacancy more interesting than Lamar's destination.  

They don't have a ton of picks after having a crap ton last year (11 rookie 22' class)

Do they become a sleeper team to get Levis if he falls? I do think a squad takes a gamble on Hooker in the late first.  Clubs are higher on him than the online peeps.  

47 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is where a professional agent comes in. Lamar is probably surrounded by a bunch of yes men just telling him what he wants to hear. You don't need to give some scum agent 3%. That's crazy. That'll be millions. You can do this yourself. You're a young, former MVP QB. They're gonna give you that bag.

But he didn't have anyone telling him that he's had two injury plagued seasons. That his play has significantly tailed off since his MVP season. That the NFL is wondering if his best days are behind him. That damn, the Ravens have a pretty strong offer on the table might wanna sign it.  Maybe most importantly, he didn't have anyone with NFL front office connections around the league to have behind the scenes conversations to gauge his worth among other teams. If he did, that agent would've probably been SCREAMING at him to sign the Ravens' offer.

This is also how Lamar redeems the situation.  You go and sign with a well-respected agent.  The agent speaks now for Lamar and says, hey, Lamar realizes he made a mistake.  He was surrounded by people that did not really have his long-term interests in mind.  Lamar is appreciative of the Ravens patience and would like to return to the Ravens and lead them to a Super Bowl championship.

But, does he have it in himself to admit he made a mistake and f'd up the situation?  I'm not so sure...

• Pie 1

Just now, bythenbrs said:

This is also how Lamar redeems the situation.  You go and sign with a well-respected agent.  The agent speaks now for Lamar and says, hey, Lamar realizes he made a mistake.  He was surrounded by people that did not really have his long-term interests in mind.  Lamar is appreciative of the Ravens patience and would like to return to the Ravens and lead them to a Super Bowl championship.

But, does he have it in himself to admit he made a mistake and f'd up the situation?  I'm not so sure...

I honestly don't know if the opportunity even exists. I mean, why would the Ravens still extend their original offer at this point? They hold all the cards at this point. Lamar is probably going to have to play out the season under the tag or agree to a very team friendly long-term deal. He's made a real mess out of this.

• Pie 2

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly don't know if the opportunity even exists. I mean, why would the Ravens still extend their original offer at this point? They hold all the cards at this point. Lamar is probably going to have to play out the season under the tag or agree to a very team friendly long-term deal. He's made a real mess out of this.

I hear you.  They don't have to extend the original offer.  That would be the role of the agent to mediate the relationship and help Lamar get something respectable from the Ravens.  The Ravens FO would be wise to throw Lamar something to show a modest amount of good will IF they even want him back at this point, which I am not sure that they do.  Lamar may have burned the bridge beyond repair with his tweet today.

1 minute ago, bythenbrs said:

I hear you.  They don't have to extend the original offer.  That would be the role of the agent to mediate the relationship and help Lamar get something respectable from the Ravens.  The Ravens FO would be wise to throw Lamar something to show a modest amount of good will IF they even want him back at this point, which I am not sure that they do.  Lamar may have burned the bridge beyond repair with his tweet today.

Yeah, if they're gonna fix this mess there absolutely needs to be a professional mediator (i.e. "agent") involved. Because the next long-term contract the Ravens would likely extend is probably gonna be flat out insulting. And it's gonna be meant that way. There's gonna be a lot of work to do to get anywhere close to that original offer. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I find the Ravens vacancy more interesting than Lamar's destination.  

They don't have a ton of picks after having a crap ton last year (11 rookie 22' class)

Do they become a sleeper team to get Levis if he falls? I do think a squad takes a gamble on Hooker in the late first.  Clubs are higher on him than the online peeps.  

Ultimately I think the Ravens play hardball here. 

• Pie 1

This dumbass really requested a trade?

Why the fug do you think they gave you the non exclusive franchise tag genius? 

No one is willing to pay you a fully guaranteed contract, you have already cost yourself $ on your next contract. Bite the bullet and sign the next decent offer you get. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Ultimately I think the Ravens play hardball here. 

Yeah, totally, I just don't see him playing for them in any capacity moving forward though and they need a QB.  The bridge has collapsed.  

If BAL lands the 8th (ATL), 11th (TEN), 16th (WAS), or 19th (TB) pick this year for Lamar, they become a team to watch.

Just now, ECHornet said:

I don't think it can be overlooked that Ravens coaches may think he quit on them in the playoffs last year. Coaches don't appreciate that kind of mentality and self-before-team approach. Other coaching staffs saw what went down as well. 

Very possible. Sitting out meaningless bowl games doesn't hurt prospects' draft status but essentially sitting out NFL playoff games is another matter entirely. Even if he didn't "quit", letting his playing status be known was a major faux paus. The Ravens surely would've greatly preferred to keep the Bengals wondering if Lamar would play. Honestly, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Jackson was attempting to use this as leverage to get a contract right then and there.