• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Pro Day

OldhamA

18 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He's worth the wait. 

Truthfully, with this staff, I don't think Richardson's wait is '24. 

I do believe Dalton would start, but Richardson would be a mid-late '23 starter.....maybe game 9 or 10. I do believe Young/Stroud would be week one starters though.

I also agree that Richardson is in a tier below BY and CJ7 and you don't move up to #1 overall for AR. However, it could also be argued that if AR is "their guy" and the pricetag from 1 to 3 is about the same, why risk losing out on your guy if IND or LV also likes AR and moves up to #1 overall ahead of you.

Again, I think CJ or BY is our choice, but AR isn't that far off. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

He's by far the most talented and physically gifted qb in this draft and it's not even close actually. 

Mental processing, accuracy, pocket awareness, etc. are all forms of talent and both Young and CJ smoke him in those areas. Most physically gifted yes, most upside because of that sure. But most talented, no. He needs a ton of work to have any NFL success.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Truthfully, with this staff, I don't think Richardson's wait is '24. 

I do believe Dalton would start, but Richardson would be a mid-late '23 starter.....maybe game 9 or 10. I do believe Young/Stroud would be week one starters though.

I also agree that Richardson is in a tier below BY and CJ7 and you don't move up to #1 overall for AR. However, it could also be argued that if AR is "their guy" and the pricetag from 1 to 3 is about the same, why risk losing out on your guy if IND or LV also likes AR and moves up to #1 overall ahead of you.

Again, I think CJ or BY is our choice, but AR isn't that far off. 

Arizona wanted pretty much what we gave up for 1 to get their 3rd. 

9 minutes ago, t96 said:

Mental processing, accuracy, pocket awareness, etc. are all forms of talent and both Young and CJ smoke him in those areas. Most physically gifted yes, most upside because of that sure. But most talented, no. He needs a ton of work to have any NFL success.

Upside has gotten a lot of people fired...

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

You can say that about any of the QBs or any other prospect honestly. There's no Peyton Manning, Julius Peppers, or Calvin Johnson in this draft.

Sure, comparing them to HOF.. but with what's available in this class AR would seem like a reach.  I'd be ecstatic if we took him at 9.

7 minutes ago, t96 said:

Maybe for Bryce but Stroud struggles against any kind of pressure what so ever and this is clear as day on tape.

His mental processing and pocket awareness aren't that good Nfl wise. He's accurate for sure and he can make every throw, but he's going to have a learning curve unless he always has a clean pocket. 

The concern with Young is size and that's pretty much it. 

The concern with AR is can he put it all together but he's another prospect you'll have to design a playbook around. 

Young is the cleanest qb prospect in this draft if you don't mind his size...if you do then the other three have serious question marks in the NFL. 

So you take the one with the most upside and that's clearly AR, otherwise you take Young. 

2 minutes ago, Skack25 said:

Sure, comparing them to HOF.. but with what's available in this class AR would seem like a reach.  I'd be ecstatic if we took him at 9.

Indy loves him, wouldn't have been available at 9. Maybe Levi's would have been but that's the only qb that would've fallen that far imo.