• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

qbs taken 1-2

RumHam

3 hours ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

It absolutely does, and typically for good reason. In fact the number 2 pick in the draft is usually terrible, NBA or NFL. The is a weird psychology of being the 2nd pick that historically most people aren't able to overcome, even if they are talented.

Yes. See ohio state qbs in the nfl

• Poo 2

1 hour ago, Martin said:

If this is CJ when he had “a trash game” vs. Michigan I’m still in (did not watch the game, I’m purely looking at stats):

image.thumb.png.5e47c4642da76bf9fe6a1fdbcb3e9fb6.png

Defense laid an egg, poor coaching decisions down the stretch playing super conservative when your defense isn't matching the offenses energy.  

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Especially not with the draft.

Exactly. It's a different unique beast every year. Same with NFL seasons. It's impossible to look at supposed overarching themes and expect to know what is going to happen. Things happen every damn year that has never happened before. 

1 hour ago, Martin said:

If this is CJ when he had “a trash game” vs. Michigan I’m still in (did not watch the game, I’m purely looking at stats):

image.thumb.png.5e47c4642da76bf9fe6a1fdbcb3e9fb6.png

It was a really tough game for him because of his decision making and compsure. I have reviewed this game multiple times to see what the basement is for CJ. This game showed it. Don't let the stats fool you, he was in his own head all day. 

That being said, it was the only game CJ had like this that I witnessed in the footage ive watched. 

• Pie 2

Hey I read a meme about something that factually is true but has no influence on the future, so here's a new thread where I use that to support my opinion despite there being dozens of other threads discussing the same topic

Never change huddle

Edited by X-Clown

Probably one of the best years to be picking #2 and still needing a QB tbh.

While Bryce Young is clearly the better player, CJ Stroud is the better prospect. Both have question marks that will prevent them from being franchise QBs should they not go addressed. However, we've also seen them addressed somewhat.

Stroud's issue is that he does not handle pressure well. At all. Despite being an above average athlete, he doesn't exactly make people miss in the pocket. Once he's forced out of the pocket, his mechanics and accuracy fall apart. If not for that Georgia game, those questions would still be asked (and let's be honest: they are being asked by people that know football). Young's issue is that his size leads to assumptions about how healthy he'll be, if he'll be able to see over NFL linemen, etc. Meanwhile, he has multiple seasons of throwing behind Bama's OL (which is full of massive human beings) and his only time getting hurt was putting a hand down to brace himself during a tackle. That happens to even the strongest of RBs... are we really going to focus on that as proof that he's too little?

All in all though, Carolina and Houston are going to have the least question marks surrounding their guys should it go Young/Stroud in whatever order.

Sucks to be a Colts fan right now. Having to burn the #4 pick on Levis or Richardson would hurt really, really bad if they don't pan out. Will be interesting to see if they make a move for Lamar.

Edited by Icege

27 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

It was a really tough game for him because of his decision making and compsure. I have reviewed this game multiple times to see what the basement is for CJ. This game showed it. Don't let the stats fool you, he was in his own head all day. 

That being said, it was the only game CJ had like this that I witnessed in the footage ive watched. 

I felt like he played poorly vs. Northwestern, Michigan, and Maryland. I was especially concerned vs. Northwestern because that's where he used his legs a lot more and there was a lot to be desired on those scrambles.

22 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

Most people said the same thing about Alabama QBs 5 years ago

Yep. The whole idea that history is an accurate predictor of the future just has so many holes in it. Sure, you can always find instances that will back that claim up, but there are always many more that could debunk it  

It's lazy thinking.