• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

qbs taken 1-2

RumHam

The history doesn't bode very well for houston. saw that meme this week. When has the second QB picked ever panned out? Manning-Leaf, Winston-Mariota (bad draft but jameis still better), goff-wentz, TREVOR-WILSON.

Point is you gotta be confident you go with the guy with the most upside. It's still Bryce and has been all last season. CJ did the same thing as Fields did and showed off on national TV. People forget CJ was trash against Michigan. I don't care about the size issue, we have a line. Bryce is smart and a leader, you have to go with him. I guess the main question is am I forgetting a draft where the second QB taken was better than the first when it was 1-2?

• Flames 1
  • Poo 3

56 minutes ago, RumHam said:

The history doesn't bode very well for houston. saw that meme this week. When has the second QB picked ever panned out? Manning-Leaf, Winston-Mariota (bad draft but jameis still better), goff-wentz, TREVOR-WILSON.

Point is you gotta be confident you go with the guy with the most upside. It's still Bryce and has been all last season. CJ did the same thing as Fields did and showed off on national TV. People forget CJ was trash against Michigan. I don't care about the size issue, we have a line. Bryce is smart and a leader, you have to go with him. I guess the main question is am I forgetting a draft where the second QB taken was better than the first when it was 1-2?

"Heisman Trophy winner Bryce Young threw an interception on his first drive and never really recovered finishing the night with 25 completions on 51 pass attempts for 328 yards, a touchdown, and a single interception. " 

Bryce Young had a trash game as well losing to LSU even though he had one TD and 328 yards.

Sounds like they are both equal then having trash games.

7 hours ago, rayzor said:

History does not dictate or influence the future.

It absolutely does, and typically for good reason. In fact the number 2 pick in the draft is usually terrible, NBA or NFL. The is a weird psychology of being the 2nd pick that historically most people aren't able to overcome, even if they are talented.

18 minutes ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

It absolutely does, and typically for good reason. In fact the number 2 pick in the draft is usually terrible, NBA or NFL. The is a weird psychology of being the 2nd pick that historically most people aren't able to overcome, even if they are talented.

So the only way Young has a chance to be a decent QB is if Houston passes on him and Indy picks him at 4

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Teddy2SuperBowlHeartBreaks said:

no it doesn't. you make your own path. every day is new....act like it dammit.

repeating history is only for the weak. 

• Beer 1