• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kaye's X-Factor: System Fit

Mr. Scot

21 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Lmao... sanctimonious as always.

Run a search of the main forum for "midget" and type that post out again.

I prefer Stroud as well. But, to pretend that Stroud fanboys are some stoic jurists, while those who prefer Young are rabid, emotional fanatics who attack anyone who disagrees would be hilarious if it hadnt become so expected in this forum.

The Tinderbox is less toxic than this place, for zods sake!

Completely agree about Scot. But in terms of Stroud vs Young I think you might have missed a good number of posts. There is without a doubt a decent sized contingent here that really only talk about Bryce Young and behave in a manner that would make even the loudest Cam fans blush in their day. It's why most folks now regardless of which prospect they may prefer are just ready to get the first pick over with and accept whomever it will be.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Calling you kid actually has nothing to do with who you prefer and more to do with the fact that you act like one.

If all you did was advocate for Young, I doubt anybody would have an issue. What you do instead is accuse others of ulterior motives, tout your own supposed virtue and continuously play the victim.

Rayzor was correct.

you are 100% projecting your nasty behavior onto me old Grinch. lol

earlier on this thread, someone called you out for "touting supposed virtue of CJ's supporters" which is what you are accusing me of on this post.

in this same post, you are literally accusing me of having ulterior motives...

You can chose to be a decent human being & admit that your behavior was wrong and uncalled for. or you can continue to double down like a clown. 

I have a feeling I know which way you are leaning. lollllllll

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

OK, Devil's Advocate time:

Name a coach in the NFL that does not have an established relationship with QBs of prototypical size?  Most QBs are that size--only rarely does a shorter QB make it to the NFL. Reich brought in taller QBs (inherited Luck) and they, for the most part, sucked ass.  Rivers?  Wentz?  Ryan?  They were all available when he needed a QB--and he thought he could help them succeed.  Heck, 2 of those three were pretty successful before arriving at Indy.  He benched Ryan....Maybe he is ready to start evaluating QBs using a different measure than size.  Maybe the conversation with Bryce Young opened his eyes a bit--maybe he realized how easy it would be to communicate with a QB who was, for the most part, on his level as far as the position goes.

You could argue that Payton at Denver has the reputation now for liking the shorter QBs--Brees and now Wilson--because he does not see the height as a problem. You could argue that Payton provided the blue print for how to help a small QB succeed. 

He brought in Winston--thought he could convert him--fail. 

So it is a bit of a lame argument to suggest that Reich only likes the prototypical NFL QBs because that is all he has worked with---there just aren't that many small ones in the league, and he was just fired with his third prototypical QB on the roster.  I think that is like saying, "He only dates blondes with blue eyes when he lives in Finland (where 80% of the population is blonde and 89% have blue eyes).

Billie Eilish Fashion GIF

You hired a Coach because you thought his scheme could work. You don't then saddle him with a QB that doesn't fit that scheme.

If you want a specific QB, hire a Coach that fits him. It may be backasswards. But it could work.

Edited by Gerry Green
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

10 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Which is why you almost have to laugh at those that say. "Pick the best QB, the coach may not be here in 3 years." lol If the Coach gets his QB, he may be here until he retires. The player absolutely has to fit what the Coach wants. 

Since MrScot put me on game, I know for a fact you are 1 of his Alias. bahahahahaha.

• Poo 1

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

Completely agree about Scot. But in terms of Stroud vs Young I think you might have missed a good number of posts. There is without a doubt a decent sized contingent here that really only talk about Bryce Young and behave in a manner that would make even the loudest Cam fans blush in their day. It's why most folks now regardless of which prospect they may prefer are just ready to get the first pick over with and accept whomever it will be.

of course you feel this way. you were the 1st person to harass me on this topic.

• Poo 1

3 hours ago, Ivory Panther said:

Like people are actually suggesting we should take the LESSER TALENT (by their own assessment). 

What kind of None sense is that??? bahahahahaha. Like seriously, you gotta be the ULTIMATE POVERTY fan to suggest your team needs to pick the lesser talent because he fits the system of a coach who may be gone in 3 years. Like what is this place?? seriously.

If we draft CJ because we think he is the better player, I'M 100% DOWN WITH THAT. I respect that!

But if we draft him thinking he is the lesser talent but he fits "some system", that will be an org failure!

I couldn't agree more. 

My only other issue is that some people seem to be just saying that Stroud would be a better fit, but they really don't produce any real, analytically-vetted evidence that he would be a better fit. Their evidence seems more anecdotal than anything: "Stroud fits the system because he's a bigger, more accurate passer,” without acknowledging that he really isn't that much more accurate than Young who is decidedly more improvisational and apt to throw off-platform.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

earlier on this thread, someone called you out for "touting supposed virtue of CJ's supporters" which is what you are accusing me of on this post.

You can chose to be a decent human being & admit that your behavior was wrong and uncalled for. or you can continue to double down like a clown. 

So...you've resorted to name calling? Nice. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

• Poo 1

5 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

of course you feel this way. you were the 1st person to harass me on this topic.

My guy you've got about half a dozen troll pro Bryce threads disguised as an attempt at legit discourse. Nobody has made as many about either prospect. Even the mods see what's going on.

Fresh Prince Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

You should probably change the first part of your screen name to "Irony" 🙄

One of the first things you threw up in here was to suggest that people would cheer against the team if they didn't pick the guy they wanted. That's proven par for the course since.

Coming into a discussion with an antagonistic viewpoint then acting picked on when people respond with antagonism is generally a sign of being immature or just being a jerk (or both).

I've suggested it was immaturity on your part but when you get right down to it either one or both could be true.

(the responses you're choosing definitely suggest that)