• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL News

Mr. Scot

And now there are additional hints that Belichick is deeply discontent with the former first-round draft pick.

Months after NBC Sports' Chris Simms suggested tension between the coach and QB got "personal" when Jones sought offensive advice from outside the Patriots' staff in 2022, Tom E. Curran reports Belichick remains "agitated" at his signal-caller.

"The yelling and the gesticulations during the games was irritating enough," Curran told WEEI recently, "but going outside the building for counsel, that really pissed Bill off. ... Disloyalty, in Bill's mind, is almost worse than bad play."

Jones was especially frustrated at the Patriots' offensive structure in a sloppy, injury-riddled 2022 season, Curran noted, and may have spoken with Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian, Jones' former offensive coordinator at Alabama, in an effort to improve.

"(Bill)'s still pissed about it," Curran said. "How well are they gonna be able to bury the hatchet on Mac's perceived and presumed disloyalty? And does (new Patriots coordinator) Bill O'Brien rectify that? Or is Bill still itching to teach the kid a lesson?"

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patriots-bill-belichick-still-upset-at-mac-jones-for-seeking-outside-advice-during-2022-season-per-report/

18 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Not a fan of Mac Jones, but damn they have treated him like poo in NE....

That's because he is poo.

Got overhyped off 1 season in which he was a game manager.

He's never going to be a star. He has a place as a starter but he will never be considered a top 10 QB in the NFL imo.

13 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

San Francisco could go for Mac Jones - he was supposably their original draft target 2 years ago.

San Fran switches QB's like my girlfriend switches chicken salad recipes.

One day it's grapes and walnuts, next day it's apples and cranberries. Like damn stick with a consistent recipe.

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That's because he is poo.

Got overhyped off 1 season in which he was a game manager.

He's never going to be a star. He has a place as a starter but he will never be considered a top 10 QB in the NFL imo.

No I don't think he is anything special, but I mean he is a capable starter in the league.  He is still a bitch for trying to hurt Burns, but NE has done him no favors in helping him become better.

• Pie 4

29 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

No I don't think he is anything special, but I mean he is a capable starter in the league.  He is still a bitch for trying to hurt Burns, but NE has done him no favors in helping him become better.

Going from Josh McDaniels to Matt Patricia as your OC isn't exactly a gift.

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Going from Josh McDaniels to Matt Patricia as your OC isn't exactly a gift.

Kraft should have gotten a competency exam for BB after that one. That was just weird and coaching malpractice.  Don't like Mac Jones but that had to be awful for him...and the others on offense.

• Pie 1