• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Mortensen: Bryce Young is the pick, they all love Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

20 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Feel bad for Chris 

He has really been through it the past few years 

That treatment for stage 4 throat cancer in January sure has taken a toll on him 

My best friend and fellow Panthers fan had a run-in with throat cancer two years ago and it was horrible to watch, even as a healthcare professional. And now he just found out it’s back….goddamn it. Wish him good luck, fellow fans, he’s going to need it. 

• Pie 1

52 minutes ago, Daniel Mullaly said:

My best friend and fellow Panthers fan had a run-in with throat cancer two years ago and it was horrible to watch, even as a healthcare professional. And now he just found out it’s back….goddamn it. Wish him good luck, fellow fans, he’s going to need it. 

Will do. My bro-in-law had it a few years back. The doc believed it was caused by the HPV when he was younger. He still seems to be doing fine after a couple of years though. He goes to the doc every few months now for a checkup. Your friend must be going for his regular checkups, and it's good that they caught it. Having good doctors is extremely important. The radiation and chemo are rough, but as long as they caught it in time, it's better than the alternative. 

11 hours ago, ickmule said:

If they do I’m out until he proves successful in the NFL, which I doubt will happen.  

I didn't even know that that was a legitimate way to think for a fanatic, but I...guess that it is.

Honestly it sounds like the tact of an immature fan but that's just my opinion.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 3

21 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

I don't like this take. Those that spout it overlook the idea that Houston's supposed love of Young could all be smoke too. If it's lying season for one team, it's lying season for all of them. And if Stroud and Young are a 1a and 1b scenario with very little difference other than size like some claim, why wouldn't Houston be happy to just sit at 2 and take whichever is still available and keep their picks?

because if they're 1a and 1b in the eyes of the panthers and houston offers you a stupid amount of draft capital to move up one spot you do that???

• Pie 1

22 hours ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I hope so, but I find it hard to trust any info that comes out right now.

I will be happy with either Stroud or Young, although Stroud is my preference.  That being said, The fact that several reports are coming out of the Panthers organization, in early April, saying that Young is the guy actually makes me think that Stroud is the guy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

29 minutes ago, SOJA said:

because if they're 1a and 1b in the eyes of the panthers and houston offers you a stupid amount of draft capital to move up one spot you do that???

Read the post again. The question wasn't why wouldn't the Panthers trade with the Texans, it was why would the Texans give up picks to trade with the Panthers.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Read the post again. The question wasn't why wouldn't the Panthers trade with the Texans, it was why would the Texans give up picks to trade with the Panthers.

You're assuming both teams are fine with taking either guy. Maybe the Panthers are and the Texans aren't.

6 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

You're assuming both teams are fine with taking either guy. Maybe the Panthers are and the Texans aren't.

I'm not assuming they are. I'm questioning this belief a lot of others have that the rumors about the Texans being sold on Young are true and can't possibly be lies. Once again, it's lying season after all. The Panthers aren't the only team that lies to hide who they're interested in. It would have been a lot cheaper for the Texans to move up to 1 from 2 than it was for the Panthers to do so if the Texans were truly sold on any particular player. So, why didn't they? Could it be they're not sold on anyone yet? Could it be they think the guy they want will be there at 2 regardless of Young or Stroud going at 1? Perhaps they prefer Richardson or Levis. We just don't know and won't find out since we're just fans on a message board. All this assuming that the Texans love Young and will take the "bait" and trade with the Panthers because Stroud fans want it to happen is just jurassic park deal with it GIF

2 hours ago, Daniel Mullaly said:

Best wishes from me.

I think they are still 1A and 1B, and we can't go wrong with either.....they are really trying to get the #32 pick in the draft from the Texans, and I think both teams should do it....Stroud needs to be in a much better infrastructure than Young to succeed and I don't think Stroud would with the Texans

I also think the Panthers are eying Jaxon Smith-Njigba and would their perfect draft would be to make that trade with Houston, select Stroud at 2, then trade 32 and 39 to get into the teens to draft Jaxon

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:

because the Texans love Young and Stroud shares the same agent with Deshaun lol 

12 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The sad part is people like this call themselves Panthers fans.

Imagine leaving a team because they draft a player you don't like.

I emotionally left this $hitty franchise in 2018. I have been willing to give it chances to redeem itself, but so far that hasn’t happened . 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

I didn't even know that that was a legitimate way to think for a fanatic, but I...guess that it is.

Honestly it sounds like the tact of an immature fan but that's just my opinion.

More like I don’t really care because I’m old enough and realize life is more than a stupid football team and I’m not wasting my time on Sundays  on a franchise that can’t pour piss out of a boot with the directions written on the heel.  

Edited by ickmule
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ickmule said:

I emotionally left this $hitty franchise in 2018. I have been willing to give it chances to redeem itself, but so far that hasn’t happened . 

I know it's common (and easy) to say "this time it's different", but with the current leadership in place, I honestly think it might be.