• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drew Sanders vs Jack Campbell ??

WOW!!

5 hours ago, Icege said:

To avoid the typical Young/Stroud debate route where I point at the difference on the game tape and you point at the difference on the measuring tape, I'll just say that I think he'd fit the Ted LB role in the 3-4 very well and that would also protect any concerns over length + speed. He has the strength and intelligence to thrive in the role and be an outstanding on ST.

But if we are talking about who has the best film of the 3, it isn't even close: it's Pace.

Given just Sanders or Campbell tho: Campbell

I genuinely like Pace, you’re totally right he’s a great ST guy and he seems like a really bright guy. But, we’re talking pure positional value and upside at this point a potential Mike/3-4 edge in Sanders and a true Mike in Campbell is worth more than a ted LB. Combined with much larger frames I’d rather take either of them over Pace, I could be totally wrong just reminds me of one of those tackle college machines who has a hard projection at the next level. He is definitely underrated currently and will not be surprised if he is a solid player just lacks upside.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, shaq said:

I genuinely like Pace, you’re totally right he’s a great ST guy and he seems like a really bright guy. But, we’re talking pure positional value and upside at this point a potential Mike/3-4 edge in Sanders and a true Mike in Campbell is worth more than a ted LB. Combined with much larger frames I’d rather take either of them over Pace, I could be totally wrong just reminds me of one of those tackle college machines who has a hard projection at the next level. He is definitely underrated currently and will not be surprised if he is a solid player just lacks upside.

I really, really like his tape and how he was putting up stats consistently throughout the year. There's def valid concern over size, but to me a guy that can produce like that still at worst is going to be a special teams monster coupled with being a reliable back-up.

Daiyan Henley, Ivan Pace Jr, Jack Campbell, Nick Hampton, and Nick Herbig are my favourite LBs in this draft class. Not necessarily the best LBs, just the ones that I enjoyed the most while armchair scouting during/after the season and think that they've got a chance in the pros.

I wanted to like Drew Sanders but the more I watched the more disappointed I was. 😞

Edited by Icege
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Will McDonald paired with Burns though...smdh. That could be nightmare. The run might suffer as he grows but imo he's a special talent. If he has any type of work ethic for his craft, that man will be a dominant force ... I'd bet the house on that. 

This guy has all the tools to be a beast as a pure pass rusher. With Burns getting all the attention, he could eat.

• Pie 1

Captain Jack is ready to play inside backer. If he’s there at 39 you take him. Sanders is a freak. He’s not great at playing LB tho. Campbell and Sewell will have the better career at backer. Campbell is my pick if he’s there at 39. If not…CORNER all day. Got some guys at CB this draft. I like Sewell with the next pick or Pool later if we miss out on Jack.

It's tough I think the greater need is ILB but OLB is a more valuable position

I'd love to upgrade OLB but I think Haynes is actually pretty underrated. He had 5 sacks last year coming off the bench. I think we roll with Burns and Luvu on the outside with Haynes as a back up edge rusher. Not great, but we could get solid production and improving the middle of the line will help.  My bigger concern is the ILB where Shaq and Chinn are both pretty undersized. I like what I see from Campbell as a big body who can play close to the line of scrimmage but also has experience off ball.