• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Klein on the recent Bryce “smoke”

ncfan

4 hours ago, SOJA said:

ah yes. the good ole days when someone on this site told me I was a "fuging idiot" because I wanted Cam over Gabbert. Good times. 

The Gabbert love was really perplexing(in real time). This was also the time of we don't need either Cam or Gabbert becuse of _______ in next year's class. This even included the legend of pre draft Teddy Bridgewater over the next couple of years. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, ncfan said:

Josh was on WFNZ this morning 

And the way he talked, it’s Not just smoke 

-Said when they traded up they were torn between a few prospects.

- mentioned as the pro days and meetings went and they met with the people.  They have an idea or have their guy by now.

- mentioned that’s why all the rapid leaks and movement has been happening the last few days.

- said the team Would like the fans to know somewhat who the pick is before it happens.

- pointed out the big draft party even they’re hosting.  Said with the fan base so split and torn between a few guys.  It best for the fans base to someone know instead of having everyone there who are taking sides at the event.

- said they’d like it to be more of a coronation.  Then the shock surprise

Anyone have a link to where I can listen to this interview? 

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Then they really should have offered us a trade.  Unless they aren't very high on either QB.  If I'm sitting at 2 and I love one QB and don't want to draft the other at 2, I would at minimum call the team picking at 1 who is currently stating they haven't decided and asking what it would cost to move up one spot.  

On a side note I am getting tired of seeing this toe nail fungus ad at the bottom.  Well played Igo....

Maybe they realize like all these reports that we Do like one guy.  And know it would take a Lot for them for us to trade off that guy, our QB1 for the 2nd guy on our board.

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

And it’s common sense.

you don’t move all that you did and skip on the top QB on your board unless they offer some crazy offer including pick 12 this year.

at the same time.

you’d have to be silly if you think they’ll offer that to move up from 2 to 1

You do if you're equally happy with two quarterbacks and can get decent compensation.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Matthias said:

You have to ask yourself this question, if Bryce Young is the unmistakably better QB, why are the Texans cool with waiting and taking Stroud?  If Washington could have moved up to take Andrew Luck back in 2012, they would have done that with all their heart and soul.  Carolina would be an absolute fool to not take CJ Stroud.

I have read they only want Young and if we take him Houston may decide on someone other than a qb.

• Pie 2

Just now, ncfan said:

Maybe they realize like all these reports that we Do like one guy.  And know it would take a Lot for them for us to trade off that guy, our QB1 for the 2nd guy on our board.

So they don't even call??  I mean if your potential franchise QB is one pick away from you and you aren't high on the other guys I would think you would at least call.  If we fire off an absurd offer or state it's not for sale then that's that.  

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

You do if you're equally happy with two quarterbacks and can get decent compensation.

Key word is IF.  Maybe whatever info that’s leaking that we like Bryce over Stroud, their people who were at the pro days and everything has that’s same info and hunch as well too.